August Souvie Update (8/12)

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
Just got to Disneyland late on Sunday. The crowds weren't too bad; lots of people but manageable.
Haven't had a chance to explore very much of the parks, but a few preliminary notes.
  • Sully Popcorn buckets are available in Disneyland. I saw them at the popcorn stands in the Hub, Frontierland, and NOS.
    IMG_20180813_004536_zps6idw9gh1.jpg
  • Yellow Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket was available in Town Square.
  • The regular round bucket in DL features Mickey and the gang on the Astro Orbitor. It has a good colored lid.
  • Starbucks on Main Street has the NOS YAH mug. They also have the Adventureland YAH mug, the Fantasyland ornament, the DL ceramic tumbler, and the plastic tumbler (2nd gen design).
    IMG_20180813_004601_zpscucgrkka.jpg
  • The travel mug in Disneyland is still the same from April. It features Mickey and friends on the tea cups with a purple lid.
  • Dory and Nemo tumblers were available at the Plaza Inn.
  • Remy straw was available at the drink cart/lemonade kiosk in NOS. The Plaza Inn did not have the straw.
  • Mike sipper seems to still be readily available (Plaza Inn, Main Street Donut Cart, etc.).

Back to souvies...
  • Sully Popcorn Bucket is also available in DCA.
  • The travel mug and round bucket are the ones that were released for Pixar Fest.
  • Dory or Nemo tumblers are available at several drink and CS locations.

A NOS YAR mug? Be still my heart. I don't even have the Adventureland one yet! Thanks for posting these pictures!

(You really found a yellow Mickey popcorn bucket?
Where exactly?maybe they still have some left...( fingers crossed) I would love to get one but couldn’t find one...:()

Edit:
Oh, never mind I found it! Across the city hall...:cheer2:
thank you very much for the information!! :thanks:
So happy now...( the CM already was already wondering about my little victory dance...:rotfl:)
Another great pixie dust moment for me!:tink::cool1:

The CM at that cart said his location was out of sully buckets so the Mickey balloon comes back...
(so I probably wasn’t blind the last days when I was searching everywhere for it...it is probably the only cart right now) don’t know though what it means for the sully buckets at the other location though...

By the way I feel like the only person at DL right now with that bucket...:banana:

Last edited:

If the AT-AT popcorn bucket is still available next February, there's zero percent chance I'm not coming home with one. (Sorry, DH!)

figment, I just want to say thank you for your continued contribution to this forum. It is much appreciated by many, I know!

A few more notes from DCA & DL...
  • Baby Groot sipper is still available at the Studio Co truck.
  • Luxo Ball straw is available at several locations in DCA.
  • I never noticed, but the non-insulated sipper mugs vary by location. Lucky Fortune had the Incredibles, Smoke Jumpers has Ducktales.
  • Alien straw is still available at Alien Pizza Planet.

If the AT-AT popcorn bucket is still available next February, there's zero percent chance I'm not coming home with one. (Sorry, DH!)

figment, I just want to say thank you for your continued contribution to this forum. It is much appreciated by many, I know!
Thanks!

I hope they still have the AT-AT for you! It's a pretty impressive bucket.

Probably the final update of this trip...
  • Darth Vader, Captain Phantasma(?), and Chewie steins are available at the Tomorrowland fruit cart and/or lemonade stand.
  • BB-8 sipper is also available at the TL lemonade stand.
  • Woody Boot cup is available at the Golden Horsehorse. It comes woth a rootbeer float.
  • The Town Square popcorn cart had the Sully Bucket today (no yellow balloon).
On a side note, there were a few items that I did not see any more.
  1. Pixar Fest Alien tumbler (for purchase).
  2. Infinity Gauntlet sipper.
  3. Remy Straw (it might still be at the NOS Lemonade Stand, but it wasn't at Cafe Orleans or the Plaza Inn.
Lastly, Halloween merchandise is available in both parks and DTD. In DCA, Elias & Co has the most items. In DL, it's at the Frontierland Mercantile, and DTD has a pop-up shop near the Esplanade. It's mostly all the same stuff that's available via the app.

Remy Straw (it might still be at the NOS Lemonade Stand, but it wasn't at Cafe Orleans or the Plaza Inn.
We got the Remy straw as a perk six weeks ago at the Afternoon Tea at DLH, but I don't know if they are still offering it there.

A few more observations...
  • AT-AT popcorn bucket is available at the Tomorrowland popcorn stand.
  • Elastigirl & Jack-Jack straw was available at Jack-Jack's nom-nom cookie stand.
Thanks! Going tomorrow to get another AT-AT bucket for my brother!

As of 8/18/18:
Mike W. sipper cup still available at Plaza Inn.
Remy straw plentiful at Plaza Inn.
Plenty of NOS and AL mugs at Market House.
Sulley bucket available at Town Square popcorn cart. Also at the Hub cart.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter