• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August thread.........again!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
I can't find the thread saying who was going in July/August!!

We will be checking into OKW on July 29 and leaving on August 10!! Me, DH, and DD 16, DD 11, DD 9. Oldest DD may have a friend fly down for a few days.

Most likely we will be hanging around the main pool and enjoying the HOT sunshine!! Hopefully our friends we have met the last 3 years will be there along with their kids. Our kids have had soooo much fun together!!!

We havent' decided on our park passes for this summer yet!!! WE have taken the last 2 years off from the theme parks and have done water parks. My younger DD's want to go to the parks including those 'other' theme parks!!!

We promised Maryann and Ted from Hanks that we would bring pictures of them with our girls over the years!!! My have the girls changed but Maryann and Ted remain the same!!! My younger girls just love hanging out in Hanks with them.

Who else will be relaxing at OKW with us???

Thanks Granny!! I still can't figure out what board to put topics on!! I liked the old one!! It was easier for me..................

So, any August DVCers???

We will be checking into Saratoga on 7/31 for 5 nights then moving to OKW for 5 nights. :banana: Will look for you at the pool.

Our first trip home. WOOOHOOO. We arrive on Aug. 15th at SSR for 5 nights then we move to BWV for 3 nights. We are actually doing a few park days.....or partial days but we do plan on enjoying the resorts too. :cool1:

Rosemary,

We took about a 2 year break from the parks, too (Spring Break 2005 was our last trip before this past Spring Break) - it made it all new again. I think the days you do parks (if any), you will really appreciate after a break. We bought APs this year (back in March) and are trying to squeeze in a trip before school starts back up in August. We may end up there at the same time as you (for just a few days).

Hope all is well with you! We just finished All Star Softball - both girls teams took 1st place in their divisions. We're ready for a much needed 2 month break before cheering starts at the end of July.

It would be cool to meet you if we end up at the World during the same timeframe as you. I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

Lissa

Planning a late August trip--putting dates together now and calling MS in the morning. Will post when we have specifics!

ETA: August 27 - 30 at AKV!!!!

When I first booked this Aug. trip I was obviously excited because it was our first DVC stay but then skeptical because of the HEAT.....but now I THINK AUGUST IS TOTALLY doable???? (IS THAT A WORD???LOL) We live in MD and we get really hot in July/Aug. so I really think this might not be as bad as I initially thought. SO how many of you have gone in Aug. and plan on always doing Disney in the summer months???

When I first booked this Aug. trip I was obviously excited because it was our first DVC stay but then skeptical because of the HEAT.....but now I THINK AUGUST IS TOTALLY doable???? (IS THAT A WORD???LOL) We live in MD and we get really hot in July/Aug. so I really think this might not be as bad as I initially thought. SO how many of you have gone in Aug. and plan on always doing Disney in the summer months???

We've done August in the past and will again this year the last 2 weeks of August (BWV/OKW). It is doable, lol, but I found to prepare yourself mentally for it (I promised myself not to utter the words "It's so hot", at least not out loud--everyone knows it's hot). Also, take the advice of drinking tons of water, using mister fans, and taking afternoon breaks.

But to answer your question, we don't plan on always doing Disney in the summer months. We like having the two weeks but we think next time we'll go in January or February for six days (it's a trade-off).

We've done August in the past and will again this year the last 2 weeks of August (BWV/OKW). It is doable, lol, but I found to prepare yourself mentally for it (I promised myself not to utter the words "It's so hot", at least not out loud--everyone knows it's hot). Also, take the advice of drinking tons of water, using mister fans, and taking afternoon breaks.

But to answer your question, we don't plan on always doing Disney in the summer months. We like having the two weeks but we think next time we'll go in January or February for six days (it's a trade-off).

WE LOVED THE TWO TIMES WE WENT IN JAN. We went this year but it was colder than the two year's before when we went in Jan...but we still loved it. We also enjoy Nov. temps too. I keep telling the kids when we are out sitting watching baseball gamesand it is hot (my sons) that we are practicing for AUG. of course we have only see a few days in the upper 80's low 90's. LOL

We won't be Aug this summer. We had banked points that needed to be used by the end of July so this year is a July trip. All future trips will hopefully be at the end of Aug when points are lower! :thumbsup2

-Matt

I can't find the thread saying who was going in July/August!!

We will be checking into OKW on July 29 and leaving on August 10!! Me, DH, and DD 16, DD 11, DD 9. Oldest DD may have a friend fly down for a few days.

Most likely we will be hanging around the main pool and enjoying the HOT sunshine!! Hopefully our friends we have met the last 3 years will be there along with their kids. Our kids have had soooo much fun together!!!

We havent' decided on our park passes for this summer yet!!! WE have taken the last 2 years off from the theme parks and have done water parks. My younger DD's want to go to the parks including those 'other' theme parks!!!

We promised Maryann and Ted from Hanks that we would bring pictures of them with our girls over the years!!! My have the girls changed but Maryann and Ted remain the same!!! My younger girls just love hanging out in Hanks with them.

Who else will be relaxing at OKW with us???

Don't forget Summer on the Savannah on Thursday by the World Showcase entrance of EPCOT. Try to get some green Mickey Heads from Home Depot to show your a disboard member. We'll be ther there same time as you, justDW am myself this time.

We are going to OKW for our first trip home Aug 5-13. Summer on the Savannah is actually on one of our "free" days so we thought we would check it out. Anyone know what the party is like? Is it just a sales pitch, or a fun time with food, games, prizes?

Would love to know more about it before we "schedule" it.:cool1:

We'll be at OKW Aug. 16-23 and we know it will be miserably hot - but AHHHH...the pools will feel so-o good tho!! We would be just as hot & sticky if we stayed home in Maryland...so if we're gonna be hot we may as well be hot with the Mouse!:cool1:

Lissa................good to hear from you!!! It would be great to meet up with you sometime.

In the past, the DVC summer parties included some sort of prizes (raffles) and some giveaways (pins, visors)!! My girls loved the ice cream and cotton candy!!! It is usuaaly a fun time!!!!

I am so looking forward to just hanging at the pool and 'chillin' (lol)!!!!!

Thanks Rosemary,
Save us a seat at the pool.:cool1: The party sounds like fun, and I know DS 10 will enjoy all the food.

This will be our first trip down as a family, and there was sooooo much DS and I missed when we went down 2 years ago, so we are going to hit all the "major" parks this time. We do have plenty of free time built in so maybe we can get together. Would love to meet you so you can show us the ropes, lol.:goodvibes

We're going in August (11th-18th) (2nd August in a row)!! We're out of DVC points though, so we're staying at Pop!! Kids need some pool time this summer (we go to the beach when we're at home, so we love getting some Disney pool time in the summer). We'll be sleeping in, hitting the food court and hanging at the pool most of the mornings until mid afternoon (we're gonna do the waterparks too one or two mornings, and DH is golfing one or two mornings), then doing our park touring in the evenings (pretty much doing evening EMH every night)!!! The only thing my 4yo wants to ride is Buzz Lightyear (again and again), and my 6yo wants the Jungle Cruise (he rode so many times last January, that they let him drive the boat on one of our rides hehehe). Other than those two rides, we're just going with the flow (and hitting the Pirate and Princess party--- I have our pirate hats and my tiara packed and ready--- gotta love Oriental Trading)!! We're not even doing many ADRs this trip, it's a whatever we feel like, go with the flow trip (counter service is easier with my chicken nugget eating kids anyway LOL).

We'll be at SSR 8/15-23!!! This will be our 3rd August trip in a row....hot, but doable...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter