• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August W.I.S.H. Challenge - The Sunday of Summer

Self care Sunday: I listened to a facebook live (from Wednesday) this morning and then as we were driving down the freeway to pick up twins I started listening to a podcast. I had tea this morning and thoroughly enjoyed every single sip! Yesterday DS1 surprised us with a visit. We haven't seen him since April. It was so wonderful!! Today I have a heart full of gratitude.

Here we are, going into the last week of August! I hope you have had a good month and are happy with your progress as we head towards the end of summer.

What worked for you this month? Your meal planning? Exercise? Is there something that surprised you?

August seemed to fly by! Exercise went well for me except for the last few days - preempted by family time, but with DS heading back to college, that was important too!

DH and I started grilling homemade pizzas once a week, which was a fun way to shake up meal-planning. But other than that, I’m really looking forward to fall, when I can do crock pot meals and other things where the work isn’t necessarily done at dinner time. I find I’m a better cook when I’m not hungry 😆.

What worked for you this month? Your meal planning? Exercise? Is there something that surprised you?
I like my new workout program. It’s called muscle burns fat. I’m definitely building muscle. But I’m not sure I’m burning fat. I like the 3 Day Refresh. I actually think it’s something I could do on a regular basis bey replacing the protein shakes at lunch & dinner with a low protein. I just need to do better with my meal planning. The start of school could help with that. I usually do better with planning & prep during the structured work week than in the summer. And I snack less. Although I’ve also been doing a lot more stress eating, so I have to get that under control.

Here we are, going into the last week of August! I hope you have had a good month and are happy with your progress as we head towards the end of summer.

DD insisted that we get a Nutribullet, and the one time we tried it, the smoothies were awful. So, we packed it up in the box and put it away for over a year. I was determined to conquer it this summer since I had the time. I'm so glad that I gave it a chance. Once I figured out a tasty but healthy recipe and a simple way to clean the blade, I got into a routine. I love it now. It is a way for me to get more veggies and fruits in my body without me realizing it. DD still isn't sold, but that's okay. I really needed this for me, and it is a success.

Exercise kept getting stalled this summer, between overcrowding of non-mask wearers and non-social distancers, I lost my daily walks on the beach. I tried exercising inside, but it wasn't my favorite. I used to take water aerobics classes, so I started doing those moves in my pool with the Polynesian Resort music loop playing in the background. That has turned into my favorite exercise yet. No people. I don't get hot because I'm in the water. I don't have to wear a mask. Perfect. DH and I have started investigating a solar pool heater to lengthen our pool season so maybe we can get six months out of it instead of three next year.

DD insisted that we get a Nutribullet, and the one time we tried it, the smoothies were awful. So, we packed it up in the box and put it away for over a year. I was determined to conquer it this summer since I had the time. I'm so glad that I gave it a chance. Once I figured out a tasty but healthy recipe and a simple way to clean the blade, I got into a routine. I love it now. It is a way for me to get more veggies and fruits in my body without me realizing it. DD still isn't sold, but that's okay. I really needed this for me, and it is a success.
I love my Nutribullet!!! I agree though, it took quite a few tries until I found the right recipe for me. And I find that the key to cleaning the blades is rinse them right away! I never let them sit, but sometimes others do. They it gets a lot trickier time clean. I’m glad you found a tasty recipe! Enjoy :)

I used to take water aerobics classes, so I started doing those moves in my pool with the Polynesian Resort music loop playing in the background. That has turned into my favorite exercise yet.
This sounds amazing! Great exercise and easy on the joints! This pandemic has really made me want to get a pool!! I guess I can start with playing the Polynesian Resort music while showering 🤣

August seemed to fly by! Exercise went well for me except for the last few days - preempted by family time, but with DS heading back to college, that was important too!

DH and I started grilling homemade pizzas once a week, which was a fun way to shake up meal-planning. But other than that, I’m really looking forward to fall, when I can do crock pot meals and other things where the work isn’t necessarily done at dinner time. I find I’m a better cook when I’m not hungry 😆.
I got my crockpot out this weekend and made MickeyMom76’s chicken chili. It’s 0 points on WW, so I love it! My daughter loves her InstaPot, but I just don’t want another appliance in the pantry.

Exercise kept getting stalled this summer, between overcrowding of non-mask wearers and non-social distancers, I lost my daily walks on the beach. I tried exercising inside, but it wasn't my favorite. I used to take water aerobics classes, so I started doing those moves in my pool with the Polynesian Resort music loop playing in the background. That has turned into my favorite exercise yet. No people. I don't get hot because I'm in the water. I don't have to wear a mask. Perfect. DH and I have started investigating a solar pool heater to lengthen our pool season so maybe we can get six months out of it instead of three next year.
Your pool routine sounds wonderful! We have a pool at our local YMCA but I resisted water aerobics for years because so many of our students belonged and worked out there. Silly, but I was too self conscious. I have been retired long enough now that I can be anonymous-so plan on checking classes out for this winter. But doing them in your own pool with music from the Polynesian sounds so much better!

This has been a down then up month for me, as I lost the pounds I had just put back on, then put them back on... right now I am 4 pounds heavier than my June weight. I thought I had turned the corner with Noom, but now the pattern is the same with other things I've tried... several good months then off the rails with sugar again.

I do feel like I turned a corner over the weekend tho. Saturday I took multiple naps and did very little in between, I just never really got going. Yesterday was totally different, I did little things all day long and really had a lovely day. It was another good food day and I even got my water in (something that often doesn't happen over the weekend) and was excited to see my numbers this morning, but for some reason my blood sugar is super high which is confusing... it's higher than on any day when I was consuming a lot of sugar.

I loved going in to the bookstore, it's the first time I've been in a bookstore since maybe my last flight to the east coast in February when I went in to the airport shop. And I love the book I picked, it's called "Migration" and the simplest recap is that it is about a gal who is trying to follow the last migration of the last colony of Ocean Tearns. The writer's style is so good... I sat on the front porch and read last night for well over an hour, something I haven't done since coming back from furlough.

My motivation this week is to stay on track and try to get the four "bonus" pounds off, so I can at least get back to my lowest weight, and then start September afresh.

This has been a down then up month for me, as I lost the pounds I had just put back on, then put them back on... right now I am 4 pounds heavier than my June weight. I thought I had turned the corner with Noom, but now the pattern is the same with other things I've tried... several good months then off the rails with sugar again.

I do feel like I turned a corner over the weekend tho. Saturday I took multiple naps and did very little in between, I just never really got going. Yesterday was totally different, I did little things all day long and really had a lovely day. It was another good food day and I even got my water in (something that often doesn't happen over the weekend) and was excited to see my numbers this morning, but for some reason my blood sugar is super high which is confusing... it's higher than on any day when I was consuming a lot of sugar.

I loved going in to the bookstore, it's the first time I've been in a bookstore since maybe my last flight to the east coast in February when I went in to the airport shop. And I love the book I picked, it's called "Migration" and the simplest recap is that it is about a gal who is trying to follow the last migration of the last colony of Ocean Tearns. The writer's style is so good... I sat on the front porch and read last night for well over an hour, something I haven't done since coming back from furlough.

My motivation this week is to stay on track and try to get the four "bonus" pounds off, so I can at least get back to my lowest weight, and then start September afresh.
I know you struggle with sugar, but you never give up and that’s the most important thing.

I love my Nutribullet!!! I agree though, it took quite a few tries until I found the right recipe for me. And I find that the key to cleaning the blades is rinse them right away! I never let them sit, but sometimes others do. They it gets a lot trickier time clean. I’m glad you found a tasty recipe! Enjoy :)
While I'm drinking my smoothie, the blade soaks in soapy water. When I'm done, I rinse it, dry it, and put it away. It's actually much less difficult that a smoothie maker my DH bought years ago.

Your pool routine sounds wonderful! We have a pool at our local YMCA but I resisted water aerobics for years because so many of our students belonged and worked out there. Silly, but I was too self conscious. I have been retired long enough now that I can be anonymous-so plan on checking classes out for this winter. But doing them in your own pool with music from the Polynesian sounds so much better!
The thing that hindered me was more the locker room and having to change out of my wet bathing suit into clothes then go outside in the freezing cold with my wet hair. Because classes were held in the middle school pool, we had to compete with swim meets, swim classes, and the only available class times were 8pm on a couple of weeknights. It got old. Then I only took classes in warm weather, but we had so many thunderstorms which would mean evacuating the pool. Our local YMCA has a synchronized swimming team, not aqua aerobics. So...it's been years since I've done it.

It is much more fun in my pool with my music followed by my shower.

Have you looked into why you don't have a coach? Also when you connect with your coach, I feel like that personalized attention will help you.

So I decided to read more about sugar in our diets and came across an article with hints how to cut back. And then I totaled up an average day of sugars consumed in a day and was appalled. My bread, ketchup, toaster waffles and other things add up way too quickly. I’ll share the article-it also includes updated guidelines from January.

https://www.eatthis.com/stop-eating-sugar/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter