Aulani, a visit to paradise

Daddio

DIS Veteran
I snapped some pictures for my Facebook page and wasn't going to post them to the board but then I started feeling guilty for some reason, like I was leaving my family out. So without further adieu, here are some random shots.

image_zpsdca59a1b.jpg

image_zps13063d7c.jpg

2cac4a47a9c07f0881645718198ee4f9_zps15657c70.jpg

87019f952a5728f5473d54bd1599e6d9_zps08eefea2.jpg

2172a42ee71cf16edb20f921f1f7499d_zps5e0e7db8.jpg

1f910a92065a1800c8911b50ad061ff5_zpsb39ded43.jpg

90400191395163e2b92f2af643e2400c_zpsbd3d20f8.jpg

~ David

Ahh.... we were there last July. These photos remind me of that memorable trip. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

So glad you felt guilty!!! :rotfl: Thanks so much for sharing! We are longing to visit!

I think I'll try to convince my DH to take his IPad for a walk around today so we can try to get beautiful photos like yours Dave - thanks for the inspiration!

I think I'll try to convince my DH to take his IPad for a walk around today so we can try to get beautiful photos like yours Dave - thanks for the inspiration!

Did the inspiration work? Did you see the big sea turtle in the lagoon this morning?

~ David

Really????? No, we didn't even know that was possible!!! About what time???? Thanks Dave!!

I think it was around 10. Not sure but I'll post a picture here.

I hope you didn't miss all the whales playing out in the ocean around 1PM. They were jumping out of the water and making huge splashes about 600 yards off shore. Probably 3 or 4 of them. They were there for a good 15 to 20 minutes.

475d5d830e84e55536b3843418498757_zpsf51d44f8.jpg

Not real clear but you can get an idea of the size by looking at the guy on the right.

~ David

Thanks for sharing! Love your photos.

Now that you have been to Aulani, how would you rank it compared to the other DVC resorts? Do you think you'll make a return visit to Aulani?

I can answer too! We've been here since March 2nd. Just thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. We LOVE it here!! and definitely are hoping to be able to come back, maybe in two years. We've been very lucky, the weather has been ideal. The lagoon is perfect, the pool, the hot tubs - love it all! We stayed in an ocean-view studio for 8 nights, then moved over to a standard-view 1BR for our last 3 nights. The ocean view was wonderful, we overlooked the great lawn and could watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony. The standard view is ok, if I didn't know better I'd be fine with it. It's actually more relaxing. We also overlooked the wedding chapel and found ourselves counting weddings!! (so many) The construction is happening, but we didn't find that to be a problem. They're making great additions and have to do the work sometime. Our home resort is the BCV. This resort is similar in style to Kidani Village. Just beautiful! :thumbsup2 Definitely recommend!! And I'm still jealous of Dave's photos, my DH won't take his IPad around the resort with us, I'd love to be able to have some of those photos. Thanks again Dave! Aloha :wave2:

This was one of my favorites. Such an awesome view from the pool (or is it a hot tub?). Love it! :love:

This is a photo of the hot tub.

Now that you have been to Aulani, how would you rank it compared to the other DVC resorts? Do you think you'll make a return visit to Aulani?

I would rank it as the one of the best DVC resorts built to date. But keep in mind, Disney had to build something extravagant because there are no parks here to entertain you all day.

I can't wait to come back, but my next stay will be longer than 1 week.

~ David

I can answer too! We've been here since March 2nd. Just thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. We LOVE it here!! and definitely are hoping to be able to come back, maybe in two years. We've been very lucky, the weather has been ideal. The lagoon is perfect, the pool, the hot tubs - love it all! We stayed in an ocean-view studio for 8 nights, then moved over to a standard-view 1BR for our last 3 nights. The ocean view was wonderful, we overlooked the great lawn and could watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony. The standard view is ok, if I didn't know better I'd be fine with it. It's actually more relaxing. We also overlooked the wedding chapel and found ourselves counting weddings!! (so many) The construction is happening, but we didn't find that to be a problem. They're making great additions and have to do the work sometime. Our home resort is the BCV. This resort is similar in style to Kidani Village. Just beautiful! :thumbsup2 Definitely recommend!! And I'm still jealous of Dave's photos, my DH won't take his IPad around the resort with us, I'd love to be able to have some of those photos. Thanks again Dave! Aloha :wave2:

Perfectly said.

~ David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter