Aulani at 7 months for November?

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
How hard is it to book a 2-bedroom and a studio at Aulani in November at 7 months out? It would be the Thursday-Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving. So Nov 15-17, 2018. Anyone who has done this, please chime in. Thanks!

pool and ocean is really never a problem besides Christmas- nye. I would think you’d be ok that week for island garden easy. The week before Xmas is dead then all hell breaks loose on the 23rd on. I don’t imagine ether week before TG being busy either.

Thank you! I assumed that it would be ok, but you know what they say about assuming... ;)

"pool and ocean is really never a problem besides Christmas- nye"

i don't know about that. I just booked a 2 BR OV for late June 2018 and it took two tries right at 8 AM and a bit of walking to secure the reservation. I checked the RAT last year and thought it would be easy, but apparently everybody is going to Aulani next June. Having said that, I did not look at the time period you're going TexasChick. OV is probably going to be ok, but I'd start checking a month before and be ready to walk it if necessary.

"pool and ocean is really never a problem besides Christmas- nye"

i don't know about that. I just booked a 2 BR OV for late June 2018 and it took two tries right at 8 AM and a bit of walking to secure the reservation. I checked the RAT last year and thought it would be easy, but apparently everybody is going to Aulani next June. Having said that, I did not look at the time period you're going TexasChick. OV is probably going to be ok, but I'd start checking a month before and be ready to walk it if necessary.

I should have clarified that’s for the fall/winter. Even spring break 2 bed ov I’ve been able to add on with only a couple months notice. But I’ve never tried the summer for OV only have booked a hotel room for a friend and that required 11 mo to the day. But no walking.

Aulani is a larger resort and since most owners are traveling to WDW, finding availability at Aulani under 7 months is usually not difficult. I haven't personally booked November, though I was able to book 2 studios at exactly at 7 months, for a February reservation.

I have seen villas available weeks out sometimes, so while you are looking at traveling close to a holiday, I would say that you should at least find one or two of the views available, most likely Ocean or Island/Garden. I would say to try right at the 7 month window though. Best of luck and enjoy your vacation. Aulani is an amazing resort.

I've been the week before Thanksgiving week twice (Saturday to Saturday) and was able to grab a 1br standard one trip and an island view studio the other. The time we stayed in the studio 5/7 nights were available in the Standard view which surprised me. I didn't want to switch rooms/waitlist so just took the island view for the full 7 nights. I think if you are on right at 7 months you will have a great shot.

Btw both times we went the place was pretty dead relatively speaking. We never had any issue getting a chair or tough time getting a ressie for dinner. We didn't have any kids so we weren't looking for prime seats by the kids play area or anything but even those areas didn't seem too busy. Good luck!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter