Aulani Cabana policy change

I'm late to this cabana party.... how muchare the cabanas, or these new casabella thingys? How do you reserve one?

You can call the main number to the resort to request one if they're available (they recently closed most of them due to the construction so there are only 2 true cabanas left open which is not many for a resort of this size) along with these 3 new VIP deck areas that Cottager posted pics of. They are $275 for non-DVC guests - there is a small discount to $250 if you're a DVC member. If they're not reserved in advance they do rent them out there the day of for either the full day or by the 1/2 day. There is a 24 hr. cancellation policy so if they're booked in advance it's always worth checking on them when you're there in case there's a last minute cancellation.

As I walked through the garage at Aulani on Saturday I noticed lots of furniture piled on the side. After closer inspection it is the stuff they are putting on the private deck areas. It was all still in plastic wrap. So, I don't think we seen the end of this sort of 'expansion'.

For shade in these areas one can also pull up the shades on the double wide lounge although with them up against a wall as pictured it would keep the breeze from cooling as it does for the ones on the beach.

I would also mention that one of these areas is right next to the gate you have to go through to traverse the steps coming and going from the Ama Ama side to the beach. I don't know that I would like to pay the money and have people walking in and out that gate all day long.

As I walked through the garage at Aulani on Saturday I noticed lots of furniture piled on the side. After closer inspection it is the stuff they are putting on the private deck areas. It was all still in plastic wrap. So, I don't think we seen the end of this sort of 'expansion'.

For shade in these areas one can also pull up the shades on the double wide lounge although with them up against a wall as pictured it would keep the breeze from cooling as it does for the ones on the beach.

I would also mention that one of these areas is right next to the gate you have to go through to traverse the steps coming and going from the Ama Ama side to the beach. I don't know that I would like to pay the money and have people walking in and out that gate all day long.

We just arrived back home....to cold weather here in Toronto, Canada! I can comment on the shade under the lounges. It's HOT and muggy under there. I had to come out and sit under the big umbrella to catch some of the breeze. Also, it's true about the steps down to the beach walking by the deck area. We had to push the table to the step area to stop people from accidentally walking onto our area. I think they took our suggestion of adding a rope to block off the area for the future.

After spending quite a few days in the VIP area, I really have to say we ended up enjoying it probably more than we would have a traditional covered cabana. It did give you that VIP feeling and a great view.

I hope the furniture mentioned in the garage area was for the 2 additional deck areas but my guess is they just might be the original furniture from the 4 cabanas that were removed. They'll need the furniture again in the newly constructed areas in September.

Enjoy everyone, we sure did!!!

We did rent the Casabella a couple days ago and would think really hard about doing that again. I'm not sure it was worth the money unless it was packed with no seating! The view on the deck is amazing but I could get that from the beach or renting the Casabella chairs for $45

Our trip is in 26 days & I got a message on my cell phone this evening from someone at Aulani asking if we're still interested in one of the 2 cabanas available in the kids splash play area. I will have to call them back to "discuss our options". I'm just not sure what to do. Maybe we should cancel our first day and go to the spa instead that day & wait to scope out the area ourselves then decide what we want to do about our last day. :confused3 Maybe we should see about getting this private deck area.:confused3 How much does this area run? Is it the same price as the cabanas? She didn't say anything about additional price increases on the message...

I need to show this picture to DH..........

Our trip is in 26 days & I got a message on my cell phone this evening from someone at Aulani asking if we're still interested in one of the 2 cabanas available in the kids splash play area. I will have to call them back to "discuss our options". I'm just not sure what to do. Maybe we should cancel our first day and go to the spa instead that day & wait to scope out the area ourselves then decide what we want to do about our last day. :confused3 Maybe we should see about getting this private deck area.:confused3 How much does this area run? Is it the same price as the cabanas? She didn't say anything about additional price increases on the message...

I need to show this picture to DH..........

The pic that Cottager posted was the same one we were at. It was $259 with DVC discount, the cabanas are more I think $325. We were offered one of the cabanas due to last minute cancelllation but we don't have small children, my step-son is 18 so we kept the VIP deck. I would only do the cabana if I had small children to be by the pool or if there was a sports game that I just had to watch. Honestly if I had to choose I would use the money to go to the spa. DH and I had a couples massage and facial and it was heavenly and worth every penny. The spa is top notch and so relaxing. The VIP area is nice if there were lack of chairs but there was plentiful at the beach and by the pool. It did rain a little so we were able to get under the casabellas and not get as wet. My step-son didn't think it was worth it, he commented that we didn't need to spend the money!

Fruit platter you are given when you rent a Executive Deck or Cabana

You can rent these on the beach too...for much cheaper!

If you rent these on the beach, is the rental for the entire day or hourly. Do they have a way to indicate the lounger is "rented/occupied". Can you leave it unattended (ie:go to lunch) and return to it later? Are there lots of them available to rent?

If you rent these on the beach, is the rental for the entire day or hourly. Do they have a way to indicate the lounger is "rented/occupied". Can you leave it unattended (ie:go to lunch) and return to it later? Are there lots of them available to rent?

I remember them being about $45 a day but not sure on the specifics since I personally didn't rent one. I did see some empty and others were occupied.

You can rent these on the beach too...for much cheaper!

You can get a free umbrella for your chair(s) at the beach, if you are an Aulani guest. I rather have the umbrella so you can still have a breeze.

So I just called Aulani and cancelled my cabana reservations for Aug. 8th & 13th since I don't think we'll want to be in the little kids area.:( I had her transfer the one for the 13th to this new executive VIP deck area thing until we get there & see the place in person. We'll have to see how crowded it is at the resort when we're there & will make a decision if we want to keep that once we see it. She said they will honor the previous (lower) pricing since we had reserved prior to the increase. The DVC $250 price is still a lot tho so we'll see.

21 days until we leave for CA!:cool1:

Thx for posting...Did they bring anything else for this area or only the fruit platter??

They also give you some tiny cake like desserts in the afternoon...just remind them to deliver them especially with their shift changes that occur around the time they should be delivered.

They also give you some tiny cake like desserts in the afternoon...just remind them to deliver them especially with their shift changes that occur around the time they should be delivered.

We didn't get this:(. We also received bottled water.

Any updates?
Are there more cabanas opened yet?
Do the casabellas have elec/frig yet?
TIA

BTW - all these pics are just great! TX.

Any cabana updates? I was thinking of doing a half day rental on our check out day. Any idea what those cost and can you do 1/2 day like from 1-6pm or what time would be considered half day?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter