• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani deals and local deals?

LeahC

Earning My Ears
We’re booked and heading to Aulani in May! I’ve searched the board for this info but I’d love to hear about anyone’s recent experience with getting the most bang for your buck for meals, activities, shopping, etc, at Aulani and any surrounding areas. Happy hour deals? Specials on select days? Discounts? Etc?

Thank you!!

Monkeypod across from the resort has daily happy hour, appetizers are half price...we were able to make yummy meals from the selections available and the kids loved it. They have drink specials too.

We bought the entertainment book for Hawaii. It is on sale not for $17.50 hipped I think. It has some good coupons in it, saved us almost $100 off a luau.

Most bars have a happy hour on the weekdays. You may see these referred to as "pau hana" (end of work) specials. Bishop Museum and the Academy of Arts often host family days and admission will be free or greatly reduced.

Groupon and HotDealsHawaii.com sometimes have good deals.

The best deals are usually offered only to residents, and you'll see these referred to as kamaaina discount. Some places will extend the discount to all the members of your party as long as at least one person is a Hawaii resident. Residents do not have to pay parking at popular attractions like Hanauma Bay and Pali Lookout. If you have a friend who lives in Hawaii, offer to take him or her site seeing for the day and you'll probably be able to save some money.

For souvenirs, if you have a car, go the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium. The prices are insanely cheap (5 t shirts for $20 as one example). If you are purchasing any food items at a grocery store, go to Safeway and get their discount card. You don't need to register it, but can still use the discounts. Eating out is expensive in Hawaii.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter