Aulani Duffy Robe Blessing

AulaniKhaleesi

Someone had to love the darker characters...
Yes blessing is the right word. We moved from Hawaii and my Aulani bag got ripped on the runway or somewhere. Thankfully at some point his stuffed jake and stitchs bottom wedged into the hole and blocked it so only half the stuff was missing. So we got home and I was looking for Duffy and duffy's Aulani bathrobe (he has to sleep it don't you know! Or does by the logic of a toddler) and couldn't find them. I was like ok maybe it's with the household good. Went through every box when they got here nothing.

By this point I'd replaced Duffy and some small items that had been lost so my son would stop being frantic and refusing to sleep. But I kept losing MY Aulani bathrobe because Duffy had it. Then we had to have another surgery. Duffy has always worn the robe so he'd kind of look like my son. We even taped his head one time post op for it. After a week in the hospital my son just wouldn't calm down.

So looking at the MRIs and follow ups coming I broke down. I hadn't been able to find it anywhere online. So debit card in hand I called and did this awkward asking if they could please please please let me get him a new robe. I explained the situation and the fact that he is so upset. (He's two. He doesn't understand. And this entire time I'm having feelings like I jugs created a Duffy version of Lotso out there somewhere.)

I got the address and the guy said if I sent a money order they'd ship it out. So I made plans to get the bank in the morning when they called back. This time it was a lady and she did to say her name. (Or if she did I didn't hear it). But she said she was from Aulani. My heart stopped and I was almost in tears asking if there was a mistake and I couldn't get it.

She said they forgot to get my address. They were going to send it to him in time for his MRI and don't worry about the payment. I never thought I'd be the parent frantically searching for a toy (or clothes for a toy) but that darn bear dressed in a robe like mommys is his cue that everything ok. It's there when he wakes up even though I'm normally not allowed in recovery unless they move him to icu. When they won't let me be in the room for whatever reason that near goes. (Starting to understand it looking at it now...). To me it's a bear. And at one point I think I called him a stupid bear because I would be up half the night looking for something. But it's worth it for my kid even if sometimes it doesn't make total sense.

So whoever that was (maybe someone knows who is in charge of all that or handles it) and to the person who told her our story thank you. You have no idea both the peace you brought to our house (for which I am so thankful for) and more importantly how happy you're making this little boy. Also I'm pretty sure the nurses will be thankful too that's he's calmer all around. But that's just an added bonus haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter