Aulani DVC Hotel Room - housekeeping?

pixiedust519

Living in the Magic!
My fiancé and I are booking Aulani using DVC points for our honeymoon this fall. We are deciding between the new option of the Hotel Room Standard View or the Deluxe Studio Standard View. Has anyone booked and stayed at the hotel room using DVC points? If so, did you get daily housekeeping? When we called Member Services, he said there were specific hotel rooms in the DVC side and he didn't think they would get housekeeping, but he wasn't 100% sure. Anyone have recent experience with these rooms? Thanks!

The Aulani hotel rooms assigned to the DVC should have the same housekeeping as a DVC villa. So that means Trash and Towel on day 4 and full clean on day 8.

We have been to Aulani on two separate occasions and have stayed in a two bedroom ocean view villa both times using our DVC points. If I remember correctly we only got house keeping once a week and one day a week was not enough for all 8 of us. We also had to constantly call house keeping for more towels because there was not enough and they told us they would have to charge us for them and we would have such a hard time trying to get someone to come up to collect the dirty towels that were accumulating. But beside the towel problem, the resort is amazing!

We have been to Aulani on two separate occasions and have stayed in a two bedroom ocean view villa both times using our DVC points. If I remember correctly we only got house keeping once a week and one day a week was not enough for all 8 of us. We also had to constantly call house keeping for more towels because there was not enough and they told us they would have to charge us for them and we would have such a hard time trying to get someone to come up to collect the dirty towels that were accumulating. But beside the towel problem, the resort is amazing!

Don't the villas have washers and dryers? We hope to get a 1-bedroom unit at Aulani for April 2015 for the convenience of a washer and dryer, but if they don't have them, a studio would work fine for us. I love to wash clothes every day, and it's never been a problem to throw in towels with the clothes.

Don't the villas have washers and dryers? We hope to get a 1-bedroom unit at Aulani for April 2015 for the convenience of a washer and dryer, but if they don't have them, a studio would work fine for us. I love to wash clothes every day, and it's never been a problem to throw in towels with the clothes.

Dvc one bedroom and up have a washer dryer... the only room category that does not have a washer/dryer is the studio units and the newly added DVC Aulani booking category of "hotel room".

pixiedust519 said:
My fiancé and I are booking Aulani using DVC points for our honeymoon this fall. We are deciding between the new option of the Hotel Room Standard View or the Deluxe Studio Standard View. Has anyone booked and stayed at the hotel room using DVC points? If so, did you get daily housekeeping? When we called Member Services, he said there were specific hotel rooms in the DVC side and he didn't think they would get housekeeping, but he wasn't 100% sure. Anyone have recent experience with these rooms? Thanks!

Having stayed twice in a DVC hotel room standard, housekeeping is exactly like staying in a DVC room. No daily housekeeping. You just pay less points and no microwave also. The room is a little larger and you get a deep and like long soaking tub. Also no couch just 2 queen beds.

Having stayed twice in a DVC hotel room standard, housekeeping is exactly like staying in a DVC room. No daily housekeeping. You just pay less points and no microwave also. The room is a little larger and you get a deep and like long soaking tub. Also no couch just 2 queen beds.

How are the views? Do you have a preference on the room the 2 times you stayed?

No preference of rooms. Got 5th floor waianae tower room 543 & 539. Room was right over the entry into Aulani from the parking garage. Not much of a view but the balcony was bigger than the dvc studio rooms imho. Also loved the deep soaking tub.

Just finished our second trip to Aulani. Part of our stay was in a hotel room category and our room had a King bed and a pull out sofa. Not complaining because I prefer king beds but I wasn't expecting it since the description for that category states two queen beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter