Aulani: DVC Ocean Room - which tower Waianae or Ewa tower? Floors?

Which tower would you pick?

• Waianae

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Ewa

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

DisneyBadger30

Earning My Ears
Hi!
This will be our first time using our new DVC points! We booked a DVC studio ocean view room for a couple (no kids). We have read good reviews about both towers and different floors. We want to call to request a room area but are stumped on what we should request.
What tower / floor /section would you request?
What we are looking for/criteria in importance:
1. View view view!
The best ocean view
Views of sunsets
We plan to use the balcony more at night so sun during the day does not bother us

2. If possible: able to listen to music from balcony
3. Away from any obnoxious things (ie: we read about being close to AC & it was noisy? - pool noise does not bother us).

IF YOU HAVE PICTURES OF YOUR ROOM VIEW / BALCONY PLEASE POST
:figment::boat:THANK YOU!!pooh:

Last edited:
So, I've only been once and I stayed pool view in Ewa tower, looking right at the volcano slides. The live music is played right outside Olelo by the koi pond, so right up against the lobby (the bottom of the U" on the Ewa side. I would THINK (but I don't know for sure) that the closer to the ocean (closer to the ends of the U) would have the better views of the ocean. So those two things might conflict. But there are plenty of folks here who know more than I do, so I'm sure you'll get more info soon. You'll
LOVE Aulani :)

I can't speak to the ocean views, but thinking about how the building is situated, I imagine they are pretty similar no matter the tower. If all things are equal, then tower preference is just based on where you want to be the most. Waianae is closer to the parking garage, adult pool, spa and Ulu Cafe. Ewa is closer to the store, Makahiki, lawn for the luau, Aunty's, Ama Ama, and Off the Hook. All that said, the towers are easy to walk between as the main lobby connects the two.

From the research I've done recently for our trip in July, it is my understanding that in the Ewa tower you get afternoon sun and will be able to view the sunset with an OV room. And in the Waianae tower you get morning sun but afternoon shade and it doesn't seem like you would be able to watch the sunset from the balcony.

I am still debating which tower I'd prefer, and I'm thinking about just leaving it to chance and requesting a high room.

Rooms in the Ewa tower have a view of the Four Seasons next door and for some people that can be bothersome (like my wife). We have stayed 3 times in the Waianae tower and each time just requested that tower and a high floor. We have been on floors 10,12 and 14. I believe all ocean rooms start on floor 6. All rooms were great views, but i preferred the 10th floor. It was high enough for the view yet close enough to enjoy everything within the resort. Next time I might request something between floors 8-10. In each room you can hear the music as it echoes off the towers, but we prefer to be in the Olelo room at night instead of the room.

Ok I would pick EWA for your wishes.
You can hear the music on your balcony, have an amazing ocean view and see the sun go down.
I had 1st room left after elevator and it was perfect location.
Kerri

We just got back from 10 nights at Aulani. We had 1450 in the Ewa Tower. At the end of the Tower directly above Olelo.

AMAZING views of the ocean, sunset, lazy river and music from Olelo at night. You could easily enjoy sunrise/morning light, as well from this side - just not an actual view of the sun, if that makes sense.

This room is at the end of the hallway, so other distracting noises are at a minimum.

Rooms in the Ewa tower have a view of the Four Seasons next door and for some people that can be bothersome (like my wife).

I could be wrong, but I know that if I'm standing on the street facing Aulani, the Waianae tower is to the right. The Four Seasons is also to the right. So wouldn't some of the rooms in the Waianae tower potentially overlook the Four Seasons? We were in Ewa tower and overlooked the courtyard of the convention center, and I know others overlook the lawn where the luau is held as well.

The last time I stayed I was in a pool-view room in the Ewa tower. Being close to the Olelo room is awesome as you can hear the music quite clearly from your balcony in the evenings. Very nice to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine, enjoying the tunes!

Rooms in the Ewa tower have a view of the Four Seasons next door and for some people that can be bothersome (like my wife). We have stayed 3 times in the Waianae tower and each time just requested that tower and a high floor. We have been on floors 10,12 and 14. I believe all ocean rooms start on floor 6. All rooms were great views, but i preferred the 10th floor. It was high enough for the view yet close enough to enjoy everything within the resort. Next time I might request something between floors 8-10. In each room you can hear the music as it echoes off the towers, but we prefer to be in the Olelo room at night instead of the room.

This is very helpful. I think the view of the Four Seasons would bother me too, so I'm leaning toward requesting a high floor in Waianae. How do you go about making a request for Aulani?

I could be wrong, but I know that if I'm standing on the street facing Aulani, the Waianae tower is to the right. The Four Seasons is also to the right. So wouldn't some of the rooms in the Waianae tower potentially overlook the Four Seasons? We were in Ewa tower and overlooked the courtyard of the convention center, and I know others overlook the lawn where the luau is held as well.

Another request to add is an ocean room facing the pool. There are some rooms classified as ocean view that are on the other side of the towers and do not face the pool. I know there are some of these rooms in the EWA tower, but I am not sure what classification the rooms on the right side of Waianae are.

We just got back from 10 nights at Aulani. We had 1450 in the Ewa Tower. At the end of the Tower directly above Olelo.

AMAZING views of the ocean, sunset, lazy river and music from Olelo at night. You could easily enjoy sunrise/morning light, as well from this side - just not an actual view of the sun, if that makes sense.

This room is at the end of the hallway, so other distracting noises are at a minimum.

Thank you DreamRunner1, do you happen to have a picture of the view from your room you wouldn't mind posting ? :) If not, it's ok. Glad you had an awesome trip!

Thank you DreamRunner1, do you happen to have a picture of the view from your room you wouldn't mind posting ? :) If not, it's ok. Glad you had an awesome trip!
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]our room was 1482 in EWA tower, overlooking the pool. Amazing views!

Attachments

• 38A4EE66-A691-46EA-A6BD-D463103E28EC.jpeg
    38A4EE66-A691-46EA-A6BD-D463103E28EC.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 6B6A1CF2-E48E-4999-AA7F-8B9435F62261.jpeg
    6B6A1CF2-E48E-4999-AA7F-8B9435F62261.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 174

Attachments

• 7C649CEC-2794-4B4A-ADA8-260686C1653A.jpeg
    7C649CEC-2794-4B4A-ADA8-260686C1653A.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 1BE96759-2875-4E5D-93F1-E4650C285135.jpeg
    1BE96759-2875-4E5D-93F1-E4650C285135.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 557172F1-3D67-4D0B-98E9-408A83591F10.jpeg
    557172F1-3D67-4D0B-98E9-408A83591F10.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 124
Always request Ewa tower, ocean view, high floor, in the 50 series. Those rooms are further from the ocean but you still get a view and a bigger lanai. . If you go below the ro9ms that end in the 50s, the balconies are very small.

THanks for the info...Can you request all of this in one request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter