Aulani: DVC Ocean Room - which tower Waianae or Ewa tower? Floors?

Which tower would you pick?

• Waianae

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Ewa

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
We really didn't have a sunset view from our ocean view( inside the horseshoe,overlooking the pool), Waianae tower room. While we would have liked the ability to see the sunset from our balcony, we enjoyed walking down to the beach to watch the sunset.

Last edited:
Would this also be sunset view or morning view?
A couple visits ago, we received a top floor "ocean view" in the Waianae tower on the right side near the elevators that basically looked over the construction/remodel of what became the Four Seasons. Not my favorite view. It didn't ruin the trip for us, but I felt a little silly having expended the extra $$ on the view. I thought there was a mistake at first, but as the desk correctly pointed out, I could see the ocean over the buildings. We've been perfectly happy with our views on other stays. I like being inside the horseshoe. You should get a decent view of the sunset from pool/ocean Waianae, depending on how far south it's setting.
Like @Fuhnuh says, if you're in Waianae on the outside of the horseshoe, you'll definitely be looking toward the sunset. It just may be setting over the Four Seasons LOL.

Like @Fuhnuh says, if you're in Waianae on the outside of the horseshoe, you'll definitely be looking toward the sunset. It just may be setting over the Four Seasons LOL.

Yes this is what I don't want for sure! I'd rather have an ocean view overlooking the pool. I think that's what my request will be for Waianae.

I updated my photos of my ocean view studio on the Aulani Villas & Views forum.

If you don't want a view of the Four Seasons, I think you will want to request Ewa per my earlier post.
Agree with some of the PP's that the Waiania tower view would minimize the view of the 4S. We've been 4 times in the past 4 years (in a GV each time) and optioned for the Waianaia tower whenever we could get it. While the 4S is a nice place, it just doesn't have the ambiance of Aulani.

Agree with some of the PP's that the Waiania tower view would minimize the view of the 4S. We've been 4 times in the past 4 years (in a GV each time) and optioned for the Waianaia tower whenever we could get it. While the 4S is a nice place, it just doesn't have the ambiance of Aulani.

Did your view from the Waianae including the empty tract of land where a new resort is slated to be built beginning this spring? This could make some of the Waianea units less desirable if they'll be facing a construction site. Rather than wing, it may make more sense to request units near the resort center (bottom of the "U") so that your view is relatively straight over the pool toward the ocean.

This is looking straight on from our balcony (room 1510). I guess there is a chance of seeing construction cranes.A9C26DF0-A991-4F77-8CB9-2FEFEE83F43A.jpeg 19A60DDF-FFF7-4152-B396-28529A1B2501.jpeg
Did your view from the Waianae including the empty tract of land where a new resort is slated to be built beginning this spring? This could make some of the Waianea units less desirable if they'll be facing a construction site. Rather than wing, it may make more sense to request units near the resort center (bottom of the "U") so that your view is relatively straight over the pool toward the ocean.

Did your view from the Waianae including the empty tract of land where a new resort is slated to be built beginning this spring?
The Grand Villas stretch across the end-cap of the towers so their balconies face directly out to the ocean. If you look to the left end of the balcony you could see that empty plot. But its not where you would normally look from those units.

I think your suggestion to try the bottom of the U is a good one.

Try to get Ewa, as close to the center as you can. Also, a high floor.
We had dead center and it was the most perfect view of everything. The rooms on the sides force a left or a right side view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter