Aulani finally deposited into RCI for trades

jdunn1

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. Thought I would pass along the news about Aulani deposits finally hitting RCI. Aulani has long been unavailable to RCI for trades but not anymore. Lots of one bedroom deposits being snatched-up by long time ongoing trade requests over in RCI. Dates people have reported getting from Disney vary from March - May of 2014. All one bedroom deposits.

I didn't get a trade this time, but I really wasn't looking for one. Hawaii is far too expensive for us to fly to from Ohio, but lots of happy dances by people who have waited a long time for those trades to come through.

Not that I am going, but just for future reference, does Disney charge guests to use the waterpark at Aulani. Someone posted that Aulani is great except you have to pay for parking and the waterpark. First I had heard of this.

If I hear of any two bedroom units being deposited or dates past May, I will let you know.

Absolutely no charges for lazy river or pools. We went on our DVC points and did not have any parking fee's.

Hello everyone. Thought I would pass along the news about Aulani deposits finally hitting RCI. Aulani has long been unavailable to RCI for trades but not anymore. Lots of one bedroom deposits being snatched-up by long time ongoing trade requests over in RCI. Dates people have reported getting from Disney vary from March - May of 2014. All one bedroom deposits. I didn't get a trade this time, but I really wasn't looking for one. Hawaii is far too expensive for us to fly to from Ohio, but lots of happy dances by people who have waited a long time for those trades to come through. Not that I am going, but just for future reference, does Disney charge guests to use the waterpark at Aulani. Someone posted that Aulani is great except you have to pay for parking and the waterpark. First I had heard of this. If I hear of any two bedroom units being deposited or dates past May, I will let you know.

Parking fees are only for day visitors (which can be validated), and "cash" guests (those not staying on points).

As for the water park, FREE!! Exceptions would be the snorkeling reef. Maybe that's what they meant? Or beach rentals maybe?

Got a confirmation that a 2br for March 2-9 2014 was given by RCI to a WM owner. I have checked the DVC booking site and it seems like most dates are not available in a standard view. I wonder if that means traders will get the better island, pool and ocean views? I figure most DVC members using points will be getting the cheapest rooms. Does that mean RCI traders will be getting the more "expensive" rooms? I am all for it if thats the only rooms available for traders.

I also got my trade request filled for may 2-9 in a 1br. Way cheaper than using my dvc points! :cool1::cool1:

Got a confirmation that a 2br for March 2-9 2014 was given by RCI to a WM owner. I have checked the DVC booking site and it seems like most dates are not available in a standard view. I wonder if that means traders will get the better island, pool and ocean views? I figure most DVC members using points will be getting the cheapest rooms. Does that mean RCI traders will be getting the more "expensive" rooms? I am all for it if thats the only rooms available for traders.

I also got my trade request filled for may 2-9 in a 1br. Way cheaper than using my dvc points! :cool1::cool1:
They will give the view of the deposit in almost all cases. If it was a points reservation it will then likely be the higher view if the lower one is sold out or it could potentially be developer inventory that is undeclared (I'm not versed on where they are with Aulani of declared vs not). If you just got it, wait until Tuesday during the day and then call DVC and get the DVC conf # and you can find out the view type then. If it's been a few days they may have it now.

Why do you think most DVC members using points would be getting the cheapest views? I think just the opposite. When I booked Aulani, there was no way I was going to book unless I KNEW I was getting the best view I could. I booked OV and high floor to insure that, and I was not disappointed!:thumbsup2

There is definitely a subset of owners who try to maximize their points by reserving the lowest points room they can. DW and I struggle with this constantly. I, like you, wanted the OV room at Aulani while she wanted to maximize the time we could spend on the island and wanted the lower points room. We compromised and did a split stay - 1/2 PV 1/2 OV. I have to admit the view was not as big of an issue as I thought it would be.

Why do you think most DVC members using points would be getting the cheapest views? I think just the opposite. When I booked Aulani, there was no way I was going to book unless I KNEW I was getting the best view I could. I booked OV and high floor to insure that, and I was not disappointed!:thumbsup2
Because each is going to get what is reserved. If the members reserve standard view and that type is full, DVC would only have a better view to deposit and thus the exchanger would get the better view. They will not, and really should not, upgrade the member and downgrade the exchanger. Thus the end result would be the exchanger would get the better view. This happens at AKV, BLT, and BWV routinely.

Hi There!
It was me! I got the two bedroom Mar. 2-Mar 9. I will report back what view I got assigned if I can tell, once I get my confirmation and call DVC.

I have been searching for almost two years.

Tracey

Sadly, it will mean that I don't get to go on the Ladies only annual Disneyland trip, but there is always next year for that one:)

I just called in and got my view and confirmation number. They said it was a garden view. How do you tell what the view is based on confirmation number?

I just called in and got my view and confirmation number. They said it was a garden view. How do you tell what the view is based on confirmation number?
It's not the confirmation # that tells you but the unit code info that you can get from RCI. Something like 1BSAVSA for AKV where it's a 1 BR, Savannah view, Saturday checkin. I'm not sure if it works for Aulani and you normally only get this info when you exchange through RCI weeks, not RCI points. In this case it doesn't matter because you know already. Congratulations, not the highest view but not the lowest either, certainly a coup overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter