Aulani/Hawaii flights questions

DisneyJewel

Mouseketeer
First, thank goodness I listened to people here when I booked at Aulani! I had originally booked a 1 bedroom villa for 5 people, and people here said it would be too small, so I switched to a 2 bedroom. Now there will be six of us -- me, DH, two kids, my mom and DH's mom! How is 6 in a 2 bedroom? I know it technically sleeps up to 9.

Now about flights -- I am having to book a rather last-minute flight for my MIL, as we are going 12/29-1/3. There are no real bargains to be had (flying from San Francisco to Honolulu). But on Kayak it says the flights may drop in the next 7 days -- sure enough, the flight we want for her dropped $200 between yesterday and today. I know there are no guarantees, but do any of you frequent fliers think that is worth waiting for another far drop? I'd hate to wait and then have the fare spike.

Thanks so much!

RT price today is $1000 -- yesterday it was $1200. I know we won't get a bargain, but I'm just not sure whether KAYAK's predictions that the price will still drop are accurate. I know there's no way to know for sure, but we never travel by plane during this time of year, so I'm out of the loop on this. The rest of the family already has tix, we are just looking for one flight (and she can't fly with us, our flights are full, even first class). Lots of people going to Hawaii from the Bay Area!

What's the total price? Bargains during holiday travel don't really happen.

What airline are you on? If you're going with Alaska, you can get credited if the price drops after you've booked. Of course, that only helps if she'll have another Alaska Air flight within the year of original booking.

When waitlist came through for an island view 2BR from a pool view, the waitlist came through for a lockoff 2 BR island view...My preference is a Dedicated, BUT we are saving 20 points from a poolview!:cool1::thumbsup2

Not complaining, will use the "newly found 20 points" for our 4 night early December getaway to WDW "childless"!!!!!:love: Hey, "life will be good"...youngest DS tucked away at college...Mom and Dad can "kick up their heels" and enjoy a little! Can't wait to see WDW with the Christmas decorations!:cheer2::santa::woohoo:

Will be trying to book a studio at VGF!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR AULANI IN SPRING AND HOPEFULLY VGF BEGINNING OF DEC.2014! FEEL BLESSED!pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter