• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani July 2023

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
New to this forum but not to the boards! In fact I just found this forum on the forum list.
My son-in-law just found out he will be stationed in Hawaii this fall for 3 years. I'm not crazy about it as my daughter and only 3 grandsons will be pretty far from Ohio! But, as a DVC member, when we visit at least I have somewhere nice to stay! I haven't used any points since last March so I will be loaded, possibly even having them stay with me if I can get a 2BR.
We visited Hawaii in 1990--Maui mostly, but we did fly to Oahu to go to Pearl Harbor.
I retire in May of 2023 and will be 60 in July so DH and I decided to go then. How is 7 month availability? And what are must-dos if the kids will be 1, 4, and almost 7?

Aulani availability is in reverse-order of view category, so standards will be hard to get and ocean view are usually pretty available. 1BR ocean view is pretty much available year-round.

We booked a deluxe ocean view studio with less than 3 weeks notice 😂. I was shocked 😮 But with kids that age, they will LOVE the resort pools and beach. the little-er two might not have as much fun doing Pearl Harbor because it does require a certain amount of patience and reverence. But making a drive to the north shore is fun to see Waimea falls if it’s not too crowded. They might enjoy how immersive the PCC is! But don’t be afraid of just parking at the resort. My kids were (young elementary school aged) were at the pool/beach from open till close. We stayed 5 nights (it was my kids first time to Hawaii) and we’re already thinking about our next trip back in a few years and will
Add a few more nights/days dedicated to just pool/beach. That was their favorite part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter