Aulani occupancy % after reopening PLEASE REPORT YOUR EXPERIENCE

The resort has been dead since late afternoon Sunday. We’ve had no problem finding lounge or beach chairs at any time.

A cast member told us the resort is currently at 40% but it feels much less crowded than that.

No wait for dinner at the pool bar on Monday night at about 6:45pm.

No waits to get into Ulu Cafe or stores. 2-3 people in line for shave ice at the busiest times of day. It’s really lovely right now!

I think the Aulani staycation group will be at the resort over Thanksgiving so there will still be a lot of locals. That group has 3,000+ members. I don’t mean to be negative, just trying to say that you should manage expectations. The good news is that Aulani should have staffing and crowd issues worked out by then. The bar manager said they had not increased staffing for the weekend but would be making both staffing and capacity adjustments in the future.

Also, I didn’t see anyone (including my family) wearing masks on the beach. I would recommend wearing a mask on the walkway between Aulani and the sand. Even on a quiet day like today, it could be difficult to consistently stay 6’ away from other guests.

Edited to add: No Mickey bars to be found anywhere on property (so far). No spam musubis, malasadas, or pineapple dole whip. Vanilla and pumpkin dole whips (are they still dole whips if there’s no pineapple?) available, as are Mickey-shaped ice cream cookies. There were 3 Wishable packages available last night, but my daughter bought 2 of them (both Chips) and I’m not sure when they will be restocked.
Appreciate your honesty - off to cry in a corner 😂

See the other thread about crowds last weekend. Apparently Aulani ran a Kaamaina promo for locals and filled the hotel. Pool deck and all were as crowded as ever. We are going Thanksgiving week and expecting 100% occupancy.
Do you think they are going to book out at 100% occupancy or will they max out at what others have reported - 65%? With a lot of chairs removed around the pool/beach and limited services, sounds like a mess in the making.

It’s Veteran’s Day and crowds have not materialized yet. Here are pics of some chair areas and the lazy river at 8:45am

Attachments

• D57024C9-0A15-477E-BA84-608A57A1E056.jpeg
    D57024C9-0A15-477E-BA84-608A57A1E056.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 6E2178AF-552E-4E1F-BF28-3F658E1669E8.jpeg
    6E2178AF-552E-4E1F-BF28-3F658E1669E8.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 64

The Kama'aina rate Aulani was offering was most nights from November 1 through November 22 and November 28 through December 21, 2020, with checkout no later than December 22, 2020. Most of the locals are staying on the weekends only.

11/11 11:30am update - crowds have materialized and there are no available chairs. However, the pools do not feel crowded.
We were on property up until about 11am and it felt so much calmer then the weekend. I also spoke with our DVC rep and she said that this past Saturday was the highest number of check-in's they have ever had on any day in the course of the resort's history. It looks like they are taking lessons from the weekend and moving forward in the right direction. I saw a few CM's today reviewing the rules with guests and it made me feel good about booking our next stay.

When we first arrived there were several floors of balconies without furniture —we noticed today they were putting out more balcony furniture, so I wonder if they will open more rooms soon!

10:25am HST on Saturday the 14th of November. Took a walk around the pool deck, no empty chairs at all. Crowd level seemed tamer then that of the prior weekend. Mask usage was mostly in effect. Some rule breakers walking around carrying beverages but not to the level of last Saturday. I’m still of mind that for the time being that if you are visiting from off island that the weekend should be the day you do things off property.

Does anyone know when Ama Ama will be re-opening? We are heading there this Friday and I heard a rumor that it will reopen on the 23rd.

Does anyone know when Ama Ama will be re-opening? We are heading there this Friday and I heard a rumor that it will reopen on the 23rd.
No word on Ama Ama but Makhiki will open on November 23rd. They will begin taking reservations this Thursday.

We were there from 11/11-11/15 (Wednesday - Sunday). We arrived Wednesday afternoon at 3pm and the lobby was busy with around 7 or 8 families waiting in line to check-in. We dropped our stuff off in the room and went down to walk around the pool deck and were blown away by how crowded it was. Later realized that it was Veteran's day which would explain it.

Thursday was a little less busy, but it picked right back up Friday and the weekend. Virtually every pool chair gone around 8am, would guess 30-40 people in each of the main pools, fairly long line for the slides, virtually no mask wearing on the decks (understandable with swimming of course, but still). Honestly it was uncomfortably crowded for us given the situation and we spent almost our entire trip off property. Various beaches we visited around the island (Sunset, Lanikai, etc) were only modestly busy and there plenty of room to space out.

It seems the crowd at the hotel is predominately local. Before Aulani we stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai which was a STUNNING property - as much of a Disney fanatic as I am there's no comparison on any front, Grand Hyatt blew Aulani out of the water. That hotel was operating at 9% occupancy which was a real treat. Have to wonder what the crowds would be like at Aulani without the big local resident discount.

Report from Thanksgiving week: I’m guessing that the block-out of all “deals” this week has kept the crowd in check. M-Wed before Thanksgiving were a dream! I have photos of an EMPTY lazy river. One set of chairs available at any time of day in each “section”. Thanksgiving Day wasn’t even “crowded”. I could spy deck chairs available at any time of day again. But certainly more crowded than M-W. Today, Friday, is the first time I’ve seen people not able to get chairs. The seat wall in front of Mama’s Snack Shop has people eating there in the shade, even. So, guessing this weekend will be busy again.

Valet hasn’t had to open “their” parking structure yet for general parking though. Betting it’ll be a mass exodus on Sunday!

Report from Thanksgiving week: I’m guessing that the block-out of all “deals” this week has kept the crowd in check. M-Wed before Thanksgiving were a dream! I have photos of an EMPTY lazy river. One set of chairs available at any time of day in each “section”. Thanksgiving Day wasn’t even “crowded”. I could spy deck chairs available at any time of day again. But certainly more crowded than M-W. Today, Friday, is the first time I’ve seen people not able to get chairs. The seat wall in front of Mama’s Snack Shop has people eating there in the shade, even. So, guessing this weekend will be busy again.

Valet hasn’t had to open “their” parking structure yet for general parking though. Betting it’ll be a mass exodus on Sunday!
Also here and will agree with this (especially the empty lazy river have tons of pics with just us two) - interested to see what today will look like - heading off property as we expect it to be busier

Kauai just pulled out the welcome mat next week and buttoning back up. Will Oahu be next? Plans in place for Dec 26-Jan2 still; but looks more likely homestay for the holidays is increasing. :(

Kauai just pulled out the welcome mat next week and buttoning back up. Will Oahu be next? Plans in place for Dec 26-Jan2 still; but looks more likely homestay for the holidays is increasing. :(
Kauai is a very different island than Oahu when it comes to their resources etc. I would still have faith ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter