Aulani Parking ?

DisneyMomJen

DIS Veteran
We stayed at Aulani when it first opened and were told if you stayed using points that you did not need to pay for parking. Is this still true? I am renting my points out and thought that as long as the room reservation was made using DVC points that the renter would not be charged for parking. Can anyone confirm or provide any additional information? Thansk!

Renters are treated differently from gifted points to friends or families. Renters do not qualify for DVC perks. So I would think they would need to pay for parking, like any other cash guest.

Here's what Aulani's website says:

PARKING FOR OVERNIGHT GUESTS
There's so much to do at and around Aulani that you may not need a car! For overnight Guests who wish to park, self parking is $35 per day*—or for the same price, enjoy convenient valet parking service. Plus, Disney Vacation Club Members enjoy complimentary parking for up to 2 vehicles.

How does Disney know if they are gifted or rented? We give our points to many family and friends and have rented points to friends as well. Neither has been treated any different then the other or asked if they were renting. Now if you were doing a cash ressie with Disney for DVC, then I'm sure that would matter, but in this case it does not.

How DVC knows if the points are gifted is the check box that asks if this guest is a member. Over the phone they ask for this as well.

Any DVC reservation qualifies for free parking at Aulani. It's a great way to gift or sell reservations. I have done both.

How DVC knows if the points are gifted is the check box that asks if this guest is a member. Over the phone they ask for this as well.

If I made a reservation for a family member as a gift, I would not check that box because the guest is not a member.

Parking is also "included" for points reservations at VGC. There's a difference between "included for points reservations" and "member perks". If it's "included for points reservations", it would not matter if the reservation was for a member or rented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter