Aulani/Pearl Harbor--what day

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
Is there any day of the week that would be better to visit Pearl Harbor during our stay at Aulani? Week end day better due to traffic? Any day historically less busy? I've tried searching, but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

The big flea market at Aloha Stadium is very near Pearl Harbor exhibit. If you want to do both on the same day, the flea Market is on Wed, Sat and Sun.

We went to Pearl Harbor Sunday of last weekend. I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. The traffic was non existent that monring. We did not have reserve tickets for the Arizona. I waited until 2 months before our trip to reserve and they were gone by then. So I made everyone get up at 6:00 AM and we got there at 7:15 (we were staying in Waikiki). There was already a good size line to pick up USS Arizona tickets. When we got to the front they were handing out 11:45 AM tickets. But someone who reserved tickets in advance for 8:15 AM did not pick them up the required one hour before. Those tickets went back into the pot and we got them. Score!!!

We did the audio tour of the grounds and museums, then went over to the Arizona, audio toured the Bowfin & sub museum, had lunch at the Bowfin snack bar, then did the Mighty Mo guided & audio tour. It was 3:30 by the time we were done and we were tired! Skipped the Pacific Aviation Museum.

Hope this helps you figure out timing for your trip.

I noticed you said you got everyone up. Does your entire party need to be present to pick up tickets? I have no problem getting up early driving to Pearl Harbor getting tickets while my wife has time to get ready then going back and picking her up.

We went to Pearl Harbor on Tuesday, July 2nd. We got there about 7:15 and received a ticket for 10:45 p.m. We also got tickets for the Missouri. We just left and went to get breakfast at Anna Miller's once we had the tickets. We came back and had time to tour the exhibits prior to the 10:45 time slot. We went to the Missouri after our tour.

I would recommend that your group be there because you really don't know what time you will get. Tickets had all been given out by 7:40.

You can register and get tickets online, I'd recommend that option. Just get there EARLY because parking can take a while to find a space, an hour is not uncommon.

You can register and get tickets online, I'd recommend that option. Just get there EARLY because parking can take a while to find a space, an hour is not uncommon.

An HOUR to FIND a parking space??? :scared1:

Yes! You pay $1.50 fee per ticket to reserve in advance and you get to pick the time that works best for your party. If you go this route reserve your tickets several months before your trip. I waited until two months out and they were all gone for the day we chose to go. Another important thing - you must pick them up an HOUR before your start time or they will put your tickets back in the pot and give them to walk ups.

Or just book with a tour group and that is all taken care of. That's what we did and it was worth it for peace of mind.

We just went to Pearl Harbor a couple of weeks ago. Reserved the Arizona ahead. Went on a weekend to avoid Honolulu traffic and sailed right into a parking spot around 8:15 am.(They open at 7am) The parking was filling up fast. Audio tours were great and worth the money. You can skip around, no need to listen to everything although we did and loved it. HI Entertainment book has great coupons for a discount if interested. Good place to eat at MO if you don't want a hotdog near the Bowfin. Shaved ice at the MO also...yum. No bags allowed so think ahead. You can have things in your pockets. They also have a bag check if you want to use that. Its awesome, have a good time.

I booked a Saturday for our upcoming trip in a couple of weeks just to avoid the Honolulu / Waikiki rush hour traffic. We had wanted to book a 9:15 or 9:30 time but I kept putting off reserving it because I didn't want to pay just yet (while the Arizona is free there is a $55ish fee to include the USS Missouri). ANYWAY, I was watching the availability online every few days or so and everything was wide open then one day BAM! Everything was booked except for 8 slots at 8:45 then nothing open until Noon so I quickly grabbed some of the 8:45 ones. This was at least a couple of months out from when we're going. Even with a reservation you are supposed to arrive an hour prior to your time - if you don't show up then that's when they give them away to those waiting in line without reservations.

LN42 - how long did it take you to drive from Aulani on the weekend and how long to find parking?? I think I've read that it takes about 45 min. to drive over there on a weekday morning but when I MapQuested it the directions said 24 minutes so I'm hoping if we allow 30 min. for a Saturday morning we'll be OK.:confused3

Is it necessary to buy tickets for Bowfin and Missouri ahead of time or is it safe to wait until we get there?

Where can I purchase tickets online? I remember seeing a link somewhere, but cant find it now.

You can wait until you get there for the Bowfin and Missouri tickets. Those do not sell out like the Arizona.

There is a combo ticket that gives you entrance to both those, the Pacific Aviation Museum and gives you the Arizona Audio Tour that costs $55. $55 is less expensive than paying for it all separately. We used the Hawaii Entertainment Book (BOGO for Bowfin & PA Museum, BOGO child ticket for MO, 20% off audio tour for Arizona) coupons and came out better than the combo ticket.

Thanks for the link.
I was able to reserve the Arizona (audio tour) for a Sunday morning at 10:15.
We plan to buy the Bowfin and Missouri tickets separately.

If we arrive around 7:30, how much can we see prior to our 10:15 time at the Arizona?

What time should we leave Aulani to get to PH at 7:30 on a Sunday morning?

Thanks

Anal Annie- It took us around 40-45 minutes but honestly we took a wrong turn so it would have been a little less had we been right on it. We arrived and had no wait for parking. It was in the second lot. The traffic on the Sunday we went had no impact to our travel time. Weekdays you must plan accordingly.

No need to buy MO or Bowfin tix ahead. They are all available. We only waited maybe 2 minutes in line to get tix for all the admissions. For the Arizona we just brought our confirmation from the online reservation and then they gave us tickets with our time on them.

Thanks for the link.
I was able to reserve the Arizona (audio tour) for a Sunday morning at 10:15.
We plan to buy the Bowfin and Missouri tickets separately.

If we arrive around 7:30, how much can we see prior to our 10:15 time at the Arizona?

What time should we leave Aulani to get to PH at 7:30 on a Sunday morning?

Thanks

I had about the same amount of time and we decided to board the Bowfin first and do the audio tour, then do the Bowfin museum. Then we walked down and did the 2 museums near the meeting area for the Arizona. We did not do the audio there but I think we would have had time for at least one of them before our time if not both. Then later to get to the MO and Aviation museum, you take a shuttle.

My suggestion is to buy tickets online for the FIRST full day of your trip. Coming from the main land, everyone in your party will be up early because of the time difference. We booked an 8:15 tour at PH, and arrived at the parking lot at 6:30 because we had nothing else to do. We were done with all tours (Arizona, Missouri, Bowfin, and museums) by about 1:00. Looking back, we were very glad we did this the first day, because it eased us into the time difference a little and gave us a good first full day experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter