Aulani Planning Questions

Golden Rose

Princess by Choice
We're going to Hawaii for Spring Break, and going to be at Aulani for 5 days. (We'll have a few days somewhere else as well; we were originally thinking Maui, but with a toddler, we're rethinking extra flights and may just stay on Waikiki.) We will be 4 adults (me, DH, DM, and DstepF), and 2 kids (DD 3 then, and DS 9 then.) The adults have all been to Hawaii before (we used to have family there), the children have never been. We know Hawaii pretty well, particularly Oahu and the Big Island, but we don't know Aulani at all, other than what I've read on these boards. While we're at Aulani, we really want to enjoy what makes Aulani special, and experience things that we wouldn't get the chance to try at other resorts.

We're DVC members staying on points, currently booked in a 2 bedroom ocean view lock off. We're planning to make a Costco run to have some food in the room, but we don't want to spend half our vacation cooking so we probably won't do more than one meal a day in the room.

What do we actually need to book in advance, and how far in advance do you need to book for Aulani? Meals? Cabanas? Kid activities? Tours? (We're interested in unique to Aulani type tours.)

My DstepF is a golfer, and has actually played at the Ko Olina Golf Club before. I know he wants to play there while we're there, and I wondered if Aulani guests or DVC members currently get any sort of discount.

We'd like to do a whale-watching boat tour while we're there. Has anyone done one from that area that they recommend? Does Aulani ever offer such things, or should we just book independently?

All of your excursions and meals at Aulani should be booked in advance. Be aware that if they don't get enough people the excursion is cancelled. You can book most of them online through their website. They have numerous excursions which you can view on the website also. Some are only for Aulani guests, but most are through other tour operators. You should also book your car in advance. The Alamo at Aulani has limited availability. I think most people rent at the airport, but check the prices to see which is cheaper.

AMA AMA for lunch or dinner and character breakfast need reservations definitely

If you are renting car, I would do excursions on own. Chevk tripadvisor or googl e "Oahu whale watching" and do done price checks

I just posted in another thread a bunch if stuff :)

We're going to Hawaii for Spring Break, and going to be at Aulani for 5 days. (We'll have a few days somewhere else as well; we were originally thinking Maui, but with a toddler, we're rethinking extra flights and may just stay on Waikiki.) We will be 4 adults (me, DH, DM, and DstepF), and 2 kids (DD 3 then, and DS 9 then.) The adults have all been to Hawaii before (we used to have family there), the children have never been. We know Hawaii pretty well, particularly Oahu and the Big Island, but we don't know Aulani at all, other than what I've read on these boards. While we're at Aulani, we really want to enjoy what makes Aulani special, and experience things that we wouldn't get the chance to try at other resorts.

We're DVC members staying on points, currently booked in a 2 bedroom ocean view lock off. We're planning to make a Costco run to have some food in the room, but we don't want to spend half our vacation cooking so we probably won't do more than one meal a day in the room.

What do we actually need to book in advance, and how far in advance do you need to book for Aulani? Meals? Cabanas? Kid activities? Tours? (We're interested in unique to Aulani type tours.)

My DstepF is a golfer, and has actually played at the Ko Olina Golf Club before. I know he wants to play there while we're there, and I wondered if Aulani guests or DVC members currently get any sort of discount.

We'd like to do a whale-watching boat tour while we're there. Has anyone done one from that area that they recommend? Does Aulani ever offer such things, or should we just book independently?

Hi! I'm a cast member at Aulani so hopefully I'll be able to answer a few of your questions :)

First off, for kids we have Aunty's Beach House which is a great facility where you can drop your kids off. There staff are fully trained childcare professionals. The Beach House features a wide variety of activities including character interactions. There is a movie room, interactive tables, a video game area, etc. Parents are allowed to view the facility in the morning but after a certain time, they only allow children into the house (aside from picking up and dropping off). There are also a few character activities throughout the day including Disney's Junior Aloha / Playdate which feature different characters depending on the day. This normally occurs in the morning so parents can attend and is sort of like a dance party. They also have Stitch's Space Goo which you have to sign up for in advance. Children create (and can take home) their own "space goo." They also have a premium program at night called Aloha Fun with Chip and Dale. For tweens/teens there is a teen section of the spa called painted sky which has video games, a frozen yogurt station, and spa options (manicures, pedicures, etc).

There is also a character breakfast at Makahiki which has Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. Tons of fun :) Also, check out the Menehune adventure trail. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt where you're given something that looks like a smart phone. It directs you around the resort and triggers things to happen that a normal guest wouldn't see. There are also guided tours that you can go on using the device. The device can be picked up at the Pau Hana room where you can play video games and also rent Disney DVDs.

One thing you definitely don't want to miss is the Starlit Hui. It's on Monday's and Thursday's at the Halawai Lawn. It is Disney's version of a Luau and features arts and crafts, music, hula, and a character dance party.

Let me know if you have any more questions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter