• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani questions

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
My daughter finds out Friday where she, my Marine SIL and my grandsons will be living for 3 years. One option is Hawaii. I am rooting for North Carolina (closer to me) but just in case she does get Hawaii, I do have a few questions.
1) how hard is Aulani to book at 7 months?
2) If we stay at Aulani (which is 25 minutes from base) can my daughter's family come and swim in the pool or the lagoon/ocean? I could probably fit her and the boys into a 1BR (the youngest will be born early May so it would be 5 and a baby) but I bet it would be crowded.
3) Hawaii airfare is nuts from the midwest. Is it better to book a fare to Las Vegas, then from Las Vegas to Honolulu?
Thanks. I am trying to see if we should add on some Aulani points when we do our 3 night Wish cruise in November. I haven't been to Hawaii since 1990!

1. Depends on time of year and what you're targeting as a unit type, honestly. Standard units are hard year-round, and don't get your hopes up for one of the 8 "hotel rooms" bookable on points.

2. They'd need to be on the booking, but you could put them on but then they wouldn't have to sleep there, re your crowded concern.

3. Be careful about connections and transfers. The way back, especially, they can be quite odd.

You can search for dvc availability charts online as well. They aren't 100% accurate, but close, and will give you a good idea of renting during the 7-11 month, and after 7 month windows. Was your SIL stationed in HA?

You can search for dvc availability charts online as well. They aren't 100% accurate, but close, and will give you a good idea of renting during the 7-11 month, and after 7 month windows. Was your SIL stationed in HA?
They have been in San Diego, VA briefly, Pensacola for 3 years, then the last 6 months in TX. Now 6 months in NC and on to Kaneohe Bay in the fall. I was hoping they would be 3 years in NC but Grandma's wishes don't count LOL.

While airfare to Las Vegas might be cheap the Las Vegas to Hawaii leg will still be alot. Alot of locals in Hawaii fly to Vegas for vacation. Might look at PhX or LAX.

While airfare to Las Vegas might be cheap the Las Vegas to Hawaii leg will still be alot. Alot of locals in Hawaii fly to Vegas for vacation. Might look at PhX or LAX.
Thanks! I will! I have heard Seattle as well? We went to Hawaii in 1990 and went Detroit-San Fransisco-Honolulu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter