Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Thank you to everyone who posted pictures, especially the balcony panoramas. Does anyone else have any balcony panoramas they could share of ocean view villas? We're planning a trip in 2016 but my mom has a hard time walking ... Trying to find the room that will give us a nice short walk from the elevators without sacrificing the view!

Thank you to everyone who posted pictures, especially the balcony panoramas. Does anyone else have any balcony panoramas they could share of ocean view villas? We're planning a trip in 2016 but my mom has a hard time walking ... Trying to find the room that will give us a nice short walk from the elevators without sacrificing the view!
Aulani has two banks of elevators, one on each side of the resort. Fortunately, the Aulani hallways are not that long.

On the Waianae side of Aulani, the elevators are near the villas ending in xx12. Villa xx01 is furthest away from the elevators. The guest parking garage is on the Waianea side of Aulani, so if your mom will frequently be using a car, she could save a few steps if she has a villa on that side of the resort.

On the Ewa side of Aulani, the elevators are located where three wings meet and are closest to villas ending in xx58, xx60, and xx70. The villas furthest away from the elevators in each wing are xx50, xx68, and xx89.

I think there are good ocean views to be had from many of the villas in the different areas of the resort. I recommend asking for a high floor. The Waianae side offers morning sun and afternoon shade on the balconies, while the Ewa side (at least the even numbered Ocean View villas) offers morning shade and sunset views.

Hope this helps!

Hi--we just returned from Aulani. We reserved a standard 1-bedroom villa but we were assigned to #870, an oceanview 1-bedroom that is handicap accessible. You'll notice in the pictures that it did not have the whirlpool tub, but it had a lower tub and a lower bed. Also, a bed was not under the TV but was folded into the living room chair. We were so excited with the view!

view from straight out on balcony:
rooma.JPG

And from the other balcony:

roomb.JPG

View to the left:
roomc.JPG

View to the right:
roomd.JPG

Accessible bathroom:
roome.JPG

roomf.JPG

Living room:
roomg.JPG

Living room beds at night:
roomh.JPG

Lower king-size bed in bedroom
roomi.JPG

Hi--we just returned from Aulani. We reserved a standard 1-bedroom villa but we were assigned to #870, an oceanview 1-bedroom that is handicap accessible. You'll notice in the pictures that it did not have the whirlpool tub, but it had a lower tub and a lower bed. Also, a bed was not under the TV but was folded into the living room chair. We were so excited with the view!
Thanks for posting your photos, MissDaisyofTexas! I didn't know that Aulani had any sleeper chairs.

Shot from island garden view 2-bedroom lock off 577/579

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    944.2 KB · Views: 398
Thanks for adding your photo to the thread, keaster. Your villa should have given you a good view of the Starlit Hui.

We could see some of it but the trees blocked most of the stage! Could hear it really well though :)

Can anyone suggest the best location for a better Standard View 1 bedroom Villa request?

Can anyone suggest the best location for a better Standard View 1 bedroom Villa request?

You might want to go back to page one and click on the photos for the standard view villas. Then you will have an idea of the area you are interested in.

1 Bedroom Ocean View...not sure you can go wrong with the "inside" rooms, facing the pool, but XX06 seems best.

Looking left...towards lobby:
Aulani1.jpg
Looking straight out...towards Ewa Building:
Aulani2.jpg
Looking right...towards pool/rainbow reef:
Aulani3.jpg
Looking far right...towards ocean:
Aulani4.jpg

Back from a spring break trip to Aulani for our first visit. We had a dedicated 2br ocean view. I requested Waikolohe Valley view, nearest the ocean and we were given 886. This is the first unit in the Ewa Phase II building after the Grand Villa at the end. Here are some views.

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The upside to this villa was obviously the killer Waikolohe Valley and ocean views. The sunsets were awesome too! The downside was the noise from the crowd at the slides and the long walks back and forth from the elevators. Also, we rarely used the balcony off the master br.

Next time I might opt for the first Ewa building and its single, larger non-angled balcony, and closer elevator access but unfortunately I'll probably have a few years before having to make that decision!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks to mc97 and moonlightgraham for sharing their photos. I've added their villas to the list in Post #1.

Just returned from an awesome first stay at Aulani. Here are some of the pics from room 1661 - a dedicated 2BR Island Gardens View. I think I lucked out with this view, since I was unable to check-in online and put any requests.

Looking Northwest:

Aulani View 1.jpg

Looking Southeast (you can make out Diamond Head and the Honolulu skyline in the distance):
Aulani View 2.jpg

Views of the balcony itself:

Aulani View 3.jpg Aulani View 4.jpg

We were very happy with our unit and view, and the resort itself. The 10 days just flew by! Feel free to ask me any questions.

Jeff

Just returned from an awesome first stay at Aulani. Here are some of the pics from room 1661 - a dedicated 2BR Island Gardens View. I think I lucked out with this view, since I was unable to check-in online and put any requests.

We were very happy with our unit and view, and the resort itself. The 10 days just flew by! Feel free to ask me any questions.

Jeff
Thanks for contributing to the thread, Jeff! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

One question: Did you see or were you affected by any construction occurring at the Four Seasons Hotel which is next to Aulani? I know your villa was on the opposite side away from the Four Seasons property, but I wonder if you noticed any construction while at the pool or lagoon.

One question: Did you see or were you affected by any construction occurring at the Four Seasons Hotel which is next to Aulani? I know your villa was on the opposite side away from the Four Seasons property, but I wonder if you noticed any construction while at the pool or lagoon.

Hi, we actually didn't notice any construction for the first week we were there. It almost appeared as if the project was stopped, as there was no activity and we did not see a single worker (other than a security guard) or piece of equipment in action there. A Cast Member at the tour desk told us later that it was believed there was an issue with layoffs at the current construction company, and that she believed a new construction company was taking over. The last 3 days we were there (starting on June 9th), construction resumed, especially in that hotel's pool area. The only time it was noticeable though was while we were at the beach or in the Grotto infinity pool. It seemed to be done by 4:30-5:00 or so. We couldn't hear anything from our room (in the Ewa Tower) or anywhere in the main pool area or lazy river area. I imagine rooms facing the Four Seasons will have some noise.

I took an angled picture of the site from the beach so you can see it in relation to the Waianae Tower:

20150609_122046.jpg

The equipment in the above pic was demolishing the resort's pool and surrounding area.

Thanks!
Jeff

We stayed in room 412- a pool view 1 BR n the Wainae tower near the elevators. These were taken from the master bedroom. We overlooked the Menhuene bridge, but with the door shut we could not hear it. We could hear the music each night from the Oleo room. We could see characters on that little bridge in the 4th picture and we could also see Goofy doing his lazy river meets from the balcony off the living area. We were very happy with our room and location.

IMG_7628_zpseooam55y.jpg

IMG_7627_zpsrhi6doph.jpg

IMG_7632_zpspki5bycy.jpg

IMG_7633_zpsezmafzkw.jpg

IMG_7635_zpsdxrtxysv.jpg

We stayed in room 412- a pool view 1 BR n the Wainae tower near the elevators.

Thanks, AZMermaid! I agree with you that the Aulani villas have very good soundproofing. We stayed in villa #304, which, like yours, is not far from the Menehune Bridge water play area. When the water works were turned on (usually 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM) the noise of the splashing water and laughing kids made it quite noisy. But once we closed our balcony door we couldn't hear anything.

Thanks for all the recent posting. So very helpful. We'll be there in a week. I just check in, got our rental car, and now off to figure out a couple more activities. We'll be staying in a 1-room villa - pool view.

Thanks for all the recent posting. So very helpful. We'll be there in a week. I just check in, got our rental car, and now off to figure out a couple more activities. We'll be staying in a 1-room villa - pool view.
That is what we always get, and love those rooms! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter