Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

We are interested in going for six nights in February for fixed dates in a studio. Right now, 3 nights are available in the garden/island category, but 3 aren't (Fri/Sat/Sun). I just waitlisted for all six nights; trying to guess our odds of it coming through as we begin to think about timing an airfare purchase.

Any thoughts based on recent experience? Does anyone know if they are still declaring inventory?

I don't know how much of Aulani has been declared for the DVC inventory, nor can I make any educated guesses as to when DVD may make its next declaration. DVD files all records with the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances but you cannot read these public records unless you purchase an electronic copy. Thus, I haven't been able to track declarations Aulani like I have for the resorts in Florida and South Carolina.

Weekends are harder to get at Aulani than weekdays. There seems to be many locals who stay for a night or two on the weekends, so I'm not surprised that Fri/Sat/Sun are not available for your stay. If I was in your situation, I would resign myself to doing only three days during the week at Aulani and find another hotel for the weekend.

Hope you have better luck than me!

Huh. I'd read about locals booking cash rooms at super deep discounts for weekends, but I thought/assumed that was different inventory. The nights that are available bracket the weekend, and I don't think I'd want to move twice during a 6 night trip. Could I book the weekend nights cash from DVC and hope for the WL to come through?

Huh. I'd read about locals booking cash rooms at super deep discounts for weekends, but I thought/assumed that was different inventory. The nights that are available bracket the weekend, and I don't think I'd want to move twice during a 6 night trip. Could I book the weekend nights cash from DVC and hope for the WL to come through?
The weekends are being booked both by locals taking advantage of cash discounts as well as DVC members living on Oahu who are using their points for weekend staycations.

You might want to check out the cash specials Aulani is currently offering. I've lost track of the different cash offers I've seen over the last few months, but some of the offers have included a free breakfast, room credit, etc. You might get a better deal than what DVC is offering.

I'll check it out; thanks for the feedback. I think what we'll probably do is book something cash and cancellable, and play the WL odds which seem pretty good six months out. Ocean View and Island/Garden will have the most studio units, right?

We waitlisted a few nights for this past February during Presidents Week and it came through. I think you're in a good position for it to become available. There are no DVC discounts on Cash rates as I was told by Member Services. If you are staying during Presidents Week....MAKE YOUR DINNER RESERVATIONS NOW! I can not tell you how many angry people we heard discussing how there was no availability to eat breakfast or dinner in the restaurants during the weekend and especially on Valentines Day. We did make ours and so glad we did, even though we ended up not using several of them. Ama Ama is a wonderful treat for lunch and dinner. The character breakfast is a one hit wonder. Also, if you have kiddos with you that are Aunty's Beach House age you can make advanced reservations for Fish Are Friends and Surfs Up with Chip and Dale. I did not know about that before going and we got lucky someone cancelled with Surf's Up. My kids loved those but they are pricey.

We waitlisted a few nights for this past February during Presidents Week and it came through. I think you're in a good position for it to become available. There are no DVC discounts on Cash rates as I was told by Member Services. If you are staying during Presidents Week....MAKE YOUR DINNER RESERVATIONS NOW! I can not tell you how many angry people we heard discussing how there was no availability to eat breakfast or dinner in the restaurants during the weekend and especially on Valentines Day. We did make ours and so glad we did, even though we ended up not using several of them. Ama Ama is a wonderful treat for lunch and dinner. The character breakfast is a one hit wonder. Also, if you have kiddos with you that are Aunty's Beach House age you can make advanced reservations for Fish Are Friends and Surfs Up with Chip and Dale. I did not know about that before going and we got lucky someone cancelled with Surf's Up. My kids loved those but they are pricey.

Thanks for all the tips! Those are super helpful. We are looking at the week before Presidents Week (through 2/10), but that does help to explain why it looks more booked than average. Right now I just have the full trip waitlisted (6 nights), but I suppose I should take the plunge and book the (now) 2 nights that are available (would require borrowing, which is why I hesitated)... I guess I'll have to pick a view category and take my chances on the WL.

Those are great photos of Waikoloahe Valley. Thanks for posting, jtkboston!
Cant wait, we leave Monday morning from San Diego for Honolulu! Two nights at Hale Koa then 7 nights at Aulani. Second trip, we requested IWA tower 7th floor or higher 2 bedroom. Does anyone know if you are allowed to fish off the rocks surrounding the lagoons? Either on the ocean side or lagoon side? Thanks

Great Photos!!! We leave in three days from Albany, NY for 10 days!!! Hopefully we will have some great photos to post too...

Room 289. 3 bedroom grand villa. Standard view. Great view of trees and people waiting for Aunty's every morning. :rolleyes1 Left side you can see Aunty's outside area.

The room is literally on-top of Aunty's, but you don't have to worry too much about noise. The place is well insulated.

IMG_1162.JPG image1.JPG image2.JPG

Room 289. 3 bedroom grand villa. Standard view. Great view of trees and people waiting for Aunty's every morning. :rolleyes1 Left side you can see Aunty's outside area.

The room is literally on-top of Aunty's, but you don't have to worry too much about noise. The place is well insulated.

Thanks for the photos. It doesn't surprise me that noise wasn't a big issue with your villa. Disney did a very good job of sound insulation on the Aulani's villas.

Do you think you'll try to get an Ocean View the next time you want a Grand Villa?

Thanks for the photos. It doesn't surprise me that noise wasn't a big issue with your villa. Disney did a very good job of sound insulation on the Aulani's villas.

Do you think you'll try to get an Ocean View the next time you want a Grand Villa?

It is amazing how "robust" and heavy the sliding doors are to the balcony. I am sure they are designed to withstand a hurricane/typhoon. That for sure helped blocking out potential noise from around Aunty's and people on the ground in general.

For the point difference (about 30%) between Standard vs. Ocean view, I think I would still rather take 30% more days at paradise! It took both families 2 1/2 years worth of points to get the GV for 10 days. 8 days would have been fine, but 10 days are better! :) We would rather be in the ocean than looking at it.

Both family's home resort is Aulani, so we knew when we bought in that we will attempt to get the cheaper room at 11-month. Since there are only 2 standard GV at Aulani, we weren't sure if we could get it even at 11-month. Our backup plans were GV Ocean View or perhaps two 2-bedroom standard or island view. Now we have experienced GV, we like the extra common space (especially the large dining and living room). We are now spoiled!

Of course this is all personal choice. However, seeing standard rooms everywhere tends to go very fast at 11-month, it seems like there will always be people wanting more days when compared to better views.

So Excited, I booked our stay for next May yesterday in a two bedroom ocean view room. I have been looking trying to figure out best location to request, but if anyone here has a best suggestion, I would greatly appreciated it. I have been wanting to go to Hawaii for years and it is not finally happening. My daughter will be graduating from college and we will be leaving directly from graduation the day after. WooHoo.

You might look at the photos links on the first page for an Ocean view 2BR and decide that way. If you want a head on view of the ocean the only rooms like that are in the Ewa building, high floors. All of the other ocean views are an angled ocean view. But I would ask to face the Waikolohe Valley, so you can see not only the ocean but the lazy river or pool as well.

Re: Island View Studio 1479

We stayed at this neighbor resort on our family vacation a few years back (Ko Olina Beach Villas) and we had a huge, first class, amazing space for a good price.

But in June, DH and I will be at Aulani for 3 nights in an Island/Garden view Studio that we are getting with rented points following our time on Kauai. Thanks for the info about different studios in this category that I have read on this forum. Not sure how to go about doing a location request since we are renting points through David's. Any ideas?
DSC_0962.jpg
[/QUOTE]

We are booked feb 11-20 in a poolside garden view studio - originally we started in a standard view for 1'night, ocean view for 2 nights then the rest of the time in the poolside garden view but our wait list came through so we are in the same room the whole time. Are there any 'bad' area's with this category? We don't usually do room requests but wondering if we need to here. First time to Hawaii and huge celebrations happening for us between milestone birthdays and me beating cancer!!! So looking to make this the perfect trip!!

Going to be squishy with 4 of us (myself, Dh, 21yo and 16yo boys) but a 1 bedroom wasn't available and I figured better to go and be squishy for 10 days then not go at all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter