Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

Thanks for sharing all of the beautiful view pics! We will be there right after Thanksgiving. We are DVC members but are staying "hotel room" on cash. What is the difference? Is the room larger? I see the pics above - looks like you get a microwave but no kitchenette. Is there still a minifridge?
Hotel room is slightly larger, no kitchenette, yes a minifridge. Main difference as far as I'm concerned is that you have two queen beds instead of one queen bed and a pull-out sofa.

Aloha - just returned from our stay in 681, an island view dedicated two bedroom. Great view of the sunrise, a little bit of a view of the ocean. Partial view of the luau (somewhat obstructed by the palm trees) and a partial view of the character meet & greets that occur on the Halawai lawn (also somewhat obstructed by the trees) - but that was really handy as we could just peek outside to see if anyone was meeting and who it was.

Glimpse of the ocean to the right:

image2.jpeg

Sunrise to the left (sorry, not the best pic, it was early :-) )
image1.jpeg

Looking down at the character area:
image0.jpeg

Currently I have a 2 Bedroom Villa - Island Gardens View - Booked off the Disney website. When I booked it was the only thing available for my dates. Now there is the 2 bedroom villa - poolside gardens view available - is the view that much better? I would like a higher floor with either view, is that something that I call to request from Disney travel to put on my reservation or with the hotel itself?

Last edited:
Ocean view dedicated two bedroom, room 98020220108_090107.jpg20220108_090128.jpg20220108_183902.jpg

Not sure why the one picture posted sideways.
Good views of sunset in January. Beautiful location, but lots of noise when you open the balcony door - constant pool sounds. When you close the balcony doors, it's very quiet.
2 small angled balconies. King bed looks straight out to ocean, living room sofa doors also. 2 queen room balcony door looks at Island/resort.

Attachments

• 20220112_101520.jpg
    20220112_101520.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Are there any lower floor room locations that are particularly nice? I'm booking an island view dedicated 2BR, and will request "lowest floor available" to avoid using the elevators altogether. Thanks!

Are there any lower floor room locations that are particularly nice? I'm booking an island view dedicated 2BR, and will request "lowest floor available" to avoid using the elevators altogether. Thanks!
Be aware that the lobby and shops are on the 3rd floor. If you want to avoid using the elevators you'll have to walk down the stairs to the ground floor when going to the pool or restaurants.

Ocean view dedicated two bedroomView attachment 641036View attachment 641037View attachment 641038

Not sure why the one picture posted sideways.
Good views of sunset in January. Beautiful location, but lots of noise when you open the balcony door - constant pool sounds. When you close the balcony doors, it's very quiet.
2 small angled balconies. King bed looks straight out to ocean, living room sofa doors also. 2 queen room balcony door looks at Island/resort.
Do you remember the room number?

Be aware that the lobby and shops are on the 3rd floor. If you want to avoid using the elevators you'll have to walk down the stairs to the ground floor when going to the pool or restaurants.

Thanks for replying! Anything less than 6 floors, we're happy to take the stairs.

Do you know if the 1st floor is at ground level (with courtyards instead of balconies)? We like to keep the sliding doors open day and night, so would prefer rooms that are not on the ground floor.

Thanks for replying! Anything less than 6 floors, we're happy to take the stairs.

Do you know if the 1st floor is at ground level (with courtyards instead of balconies)? We like to keep the sliding doors open day and night, so would prefer rooms that are not on the ground floor.
Yes, first floor is ground level. It's pretty neat if you're poolside because you can walk right out into the pool area, but you definitely wouldn't want to be leaving the doors open at night.

perfect viewing time too man what a sunset...don't make me miss Aulani already!

Personally, I think unless you are going to spend a large portion of your time in the room that the view isn't that important as it gets dark after sunset where you can't see anything. I legit spent 8am-8pm at the resort enjoying the water, rainbow reef, getting food so I was never in the room other than to sleep and shower...what an amazing resort.

Yes, first floor is ground level. It's pretty neat if you're poolside because you can walk right out into the pool area, but you definitely wouldn't want to be leaving the doors open at night.

Just curious - are you able to somehow lock the door behind you if you use it to go out to the pool? Or one person needs to stay behind to lock up and use the front door?

Just curious - are you able to somehow lock the door behind you if you use it to go out to the pool? Or one person needs to stay behind to lock up and use the front door?
Not sure, unfortunately. I've only observed people doing it, I've never stayed there myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter