Aulani Visit- How old were your kids and how did they enjoy?

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
So we recently visited Aulani- at the time my DD was 7, and my nephews were 7 and 4- we are talking about going back next year, but looking at November- our bigger 2 will be 9 by then, I think they will still love it? Curious for folks who have been who may read this, did your 9/10 year olds still love the beach, activities etc? I'm wondering if they will feel too old for Aunties, stuff like that?

I would be shocked if your kids didn't still love it all. We have been twice. Our 3 were 11, 9, and 6 the first time. The second time they were 14, 12, and 9. They all loved all the water and beach areas at both visits. They were most bothered the second time when the younger ones were really too big for the Kid's Play Area.

That said, they were never a big fan of Aunty's. They'd rather be outside where all the other action was. The younger one just stayed with his older sisters on the second trip and never went.

I would be shocked if your kids didn't still love it all. We have been twice. Our 3 were 11, 9, and 6 the first time. The second time they were 14, 12, and 9. They all loved all the water and beach areas at both visits. They were most bothered the second time when the younger ones were really too big for the Kid's Play Area.

That said, they were never a big fan of Aunty's. They'd rather be outside where all the other action was. The younger one just stayed with his older sisters on the second trip and never went.

This is literally the exact answer I was hoping for! Ours did the free visit to Aunty's this past trip, just so the adults could have a little alone time 8-) We all loved Aulani so much!

Ours are slightly older than you DD. They love it and have had a blast the last two years and are still talking about what they want to do during next years visit. The Menehune trail, Auntys, the crafts, pools, slides, lazy river. The only thing they were bummed about is they aged out of the Menehune splash pad area!

Our daughter went at 5,6, and will be 7 for our trip next month. She did Aunties 4x the first trip, 2x the second, and doesn’t want to go this trip. Although oddly, she still wants to go to kids club on our next cruise.

She is a mermaid though. Last year we were in the pools 8 hours a day on average. And this year she’s looking forward to riding the water slides for the first time, and spending more time on the beach.

Plenty to do if your kids like the water.

Mine is 8. She loved Aulani but didn’t care for Aunty’s. However she was a huge fan of the mermaid sand activity, the animation (did it twice), ukulele lessons, stargazing, and various community hall offers. Plus hanging out in the pools, the lazy river, and eating at Off the Hook.

Ours are slightly older than you DD. They love it and have had a blast the last two years and are still talking about what they want to do during next years visit. The Menehune trail, Auntys, the crafts, pools, slides, lazy river. The only thing they were bummed about is they aged out of the Menehune splash pad area!
My youngest is very tall for his age and tends to be more risk averse…. he was pretty bummed when they wouldn’t let him go down the slide at the splash pad last summer (age 9 at the time).

We went last summer on a split island trip with my then 16/14/11 year old kids - they preferred Maui in general, but they all still had a blast at Aulani and we had a great time. Yours are definitely not too old!

We went last year when the kids were 7 and 11. We booked Aunty's so we could have some spa time; my 11 yo found Aunty's a little too "young" but she still enjoyed it with her sister. We all really enjoyed snorkeling, the pool, and the beach area. If/when we go back, we will probably try to do more off-site. Last year we did a full day at Kualoa Ranch and had spent some days on Waikiki so we we got really sedentary by the time we got to Aulani. Both kids would LOVE to go back.

My youngest is very tall for his age and tends to be more risk averse…. he was pretty bummed when they wouldn’t let him go down the slide at the splash pad last summer (age 9 at the time).
If you get there early enough he might be able to sneak on. Ours were able to squeeze in a few trips down the slide first thing when it opened up, before they got caught.

So we recently visited Aulani- at the time my DD was 7, and my nephews were 7 and 4- we are talking about going back next year, but looking at November- our bigger 2 will be 9 by then, I think they will still love it? Curious for folks who have been who may read this, did your 9/10 year olds still love the beach, activities etc? I'm wondering if they will feel too old for Aunties, stuff like that?
My kids are 3 and 8 and they have both been going since they have been 6 months old or so. They love going and they think it's a waterpark with a cool hotel attached. My 8 year old would rather be at the lazy river or playing in the sand than being at Aunties. And when she doe go to Aunties, we do the free activities. She likes them better. It involves coloring and making a Lei or something similar. The paid activity last time was Surfing with Max and my kid said it was "too much exercising" haha.

We went last summer on a split island trip with my then 16/14/11 year old kids - they preferred Maui in general, but they all still had a blast at Aulani and we had a great time. Yours are definitely not too old!
I'm so happy to hear this! We're doing a split island trip with my 15 yr old in 2 months and I was worried about Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter