Aulani-What's the point of online check in?

wanderlust17

Earning My Ears
So we are going to Aulani in 11 days and I know you can check in online up to 10 days before. What are the advantages of doing this?

It just makes check in very easy.

You park at the front door, they valet your car (extra fee)
They welcome you by name
Hand you an envelope with your keys and room location
And your vacation starts....

No 30 minute stop at the registration desk that is all too common for hotel check ins

I loved it!

What is the process if you arrive at 1:30, and check in isn't until 4:00? Do they still hand you your keys, but store your luggage and send a text when the room is ready.

The check in process needs some help. We were changing room types. So we checked out at 7:30 am before going to Pearl harbor. Did not get back to the resort until 3pm and they couldn't tell us what room and nothing was ready.

They were very nice since we did some grocery shopping while on base at the commissary. They kept everything cold and delivered it to our room when it was ready.

Luckily we had friends in another room so we changed and went to the pool for the afternoon!

What is the process if you arrive at 1:30, and check in isn't until 4:00? Do they still hand you your keys, but store your luggage and send a text when the room is ready.

We always arrive right before 9:00 am. They have just given us our keys and then notified us by texting or calling our mobile phone (sorry I can't remember which, but texting sounds right) when our room is ready. They store your luggage and any cold items you might have. I just go up to the room while others swim and call bell services and wait for them to bring up our luggage and food. We have done this 5 times and have received our rooms anywhere from immediately to around 3:30. Obviously, results may and do vary. It has worked out pretty well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter