Aulani - Whole Foods

georgiasmom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the drive from Aulani to Whole Foods. How long did it take and was the traffic bad? Considering going straight form the airport to WH then to hotel. We want to stock up breakfast and lunch items, and snacks.

Thanks

Amy 10 days 2B Dedicated Pool View March 2014

Can't specifically answer your question, but the nearest Whole Foods is at a mall, the exact opposite direction from the airport as is Aulani.
WF is east of Diamond Head at the end of the H1 freeway.
Aulani is past the west end of H1 freeway.
The airport is somewhere in the middle.
It would add a lot of drive time on the trip from the airport.

eta: according to mapquest, the airport to Aulani is about 22 miles(32 minutes depending on traffic)
airport to whole foods to Aulani is about 41 miles (62 minutes depending on traffic)
I guess it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but drive time can vary drastically depending on traffic and time of day. 62 minutes would be best case scenario.

Also, there is another whole foods in Kailua. It's further away, and would add about another 11 miles and 15 minutes to the trip.

There is a natural good store Down to Earth in Kapolei, I think in the Target shopping center. It is vegan, we did find most of what my daughter needed (she's gluten intolerant). It was pricey, but it may have what you need and it's close to Aulani.

Otherwise, Whole Foods is in Kahala which is near Diamond Head. Opposite direction as pp stated. Not sure what specific foods you want from Whole Foods, but the Foodland had an OK "natural" food section.

I've made the drive several times. I think mapquest could be wrong on mileage and times. If I remember correctly Whole foods is about ten miles from the Airport (exit 16 to 26). If traffic behaves, 60-80 minutes for the travel time from airport to whole foods to Aulani sounds right. I have made the trip early in the morning and mid-day and found the airport to Whole Foods to be 15-25 minutes and Whole foods to Aulani to be 40-60 minutes. I've heard that the travel time between Waikiki and Aulani can be pretty slow at times, but have not experienced it myself in 5 trips. I've never traveled during morning rush hour from Aulani or afternoon rush hour from Waikiki. These times may be ill advised. Perhaps a more informed board member can enlighten us.

Thanks everyone. I just checked out Down to Earth and that may work. I am gluten and dairy free and we generally try to eat mostly organic/pasture raised etc.

I am also looking for a good local farm stand or farmers market. Anyone know of one close to Aulani?

A

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter