Aulani

jordansmomma

<font color=darkorchid><marquee>DebbieLouWho Wendy
We are staying at Aulani in January, I have a few questions.
Can we ship a box of items to the resort for us?
Best places to eat.

I can't comment on shipping boxes; I'd call the resort directly.

We actually own at the Marriott next door, and have lived on Oahu (1995 to 1998). Been back about 10 times so far, and love the Kapolei area.

Suggestions for restaurants: if you like sushi (and don't mind waiting outside for about an hour - or try off times but still a wait) Sushi Bay is amazing! It's right by Safeway in Kapolei (10 minutes away). They also do take out.

Other than that, we eat out little in this area. We do love Willow Tree in Kailua (if you take a drive up around the windward side).

Do NOT whatever you do, buy pretty much ANYTHING at the Dole plantation. Seriously. They had chocolate covered macadamia nuts for like $67 for a pack of 6 boxes. Costco has a 12 pack for like $30.

Costco is your friend. Pick up whatever you can't get there at Walmart or Target. All 10 minutes away. And, they all sell wine, beer, and liquor.

We've gone for 2 weeks before with just carry on luggage. We just pack clothes and one extra sandal pair. When we're checked in, I go to Target and pick up our initial supply of water, breakfast foods, soy milk, WINE, and toiletries. Of course I'm exhausted but it's all good! Next day we do a Costco run. Do laundry every day - don't need much AT ALL in Hawaii really!

Hope this helps!

Thanks! We will be in a 2 bedroom villa, so we will have a washer/dryer and a full kitchen.

There is a thread called, Going to Aulani--Let's List Places to Eat, that you might want to check out. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2858912

I would recommend appetizers at the Olelo Room, the also have a singing group each night for entertainment. On the weekends when we were there in September 2012, the locals staying at the resort would sometimes hula to the songs being sung by the entertainers. It was like a bonus show.

I would recommend dinner at Ama Ama. We had a wonderful meal there.

There is a thread called, Going to Aulani--Let's List Places to Eat, that you might want to check out. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2858912

I would recommend appetizers at the Olelo Room, the also have a singing group each night for entertainment. On the weekends when we were there in September 2012, the locals staying at the resort would sometimes hula to the songs being sung by the entertainers. It was like a bonus show.

I would recommend dinner at Ama Ama. We had a wonderful meal there.

This thread is awesome, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter