Aunty's at Aulani

wanderlust17

Earning My Ears
Hi! So we have 4 nights at Aulani booked for next month. :yay:

I have been reading the forums and I have a question that I can't get answered about Aunty's. So I know that you need to get there an hour before to sign up the kids, especially for the free programs. So my question is how does it work? Do you sign them up for a certain time? If you sign them up in the morning can they go in and out all day? This is confusing to me. One aspect of Aulani that I am really looking forward to is getting to have some time alone with my husband. It's our 10th anniversary and we would like to make use of Aunty's. We live on Oahu so we will be staying at the resort the whole 5 days. We definitely want to use it at least twice for maybe dinner alone and have the kids eat there those nights. Any advice or tips??

So my question is how does it work? Do you sign them up for a certain time?

Aunty's has unlimited in/out privileges. You just need to drop them off and pick them up. As long as the facility isn't at full capacity (adult to child ratio), they'll let your little one come and go as you please. Just need to check in & out. The registration form will give you (and them) more info.

If you sign them up in the morning can they go in and out all day?

Yep.

Any advice or tips??

Get there early on check in day and leave late on check out day.

Do online check in. It increases the chance that your room will be ready when you arrive.

Bring water bottles. They have water stations throughout the pool areas but those little cups have you going back and forth frequently. Bring a water bottle so you can hold more water.

Monkeypod (across the street from Aulani) is amazing! Go there for happy hour and pay half the price for amazing food and drinks. Happy hour is every day between 3-5pm. Great for date night.

Hi! So we have 4 nights at Aulani booked for next month. :yay: I have been reading the forums and I have a question that I can't get answered about Aunty's. So I know that you need to get there an hour before to sign up the kids, especially for the free programs. So my question is how does it work? Do you sign them up for a certain time? If you sign them up in the morning can they go in and out all day? This is confusing to me.

Just to add that when the resort is busy, you should actually go to Aunty's in the morning when they first open if there's a class you want to sign them up for. Then they'll sign them up for whatever classes you want for the day. When the time comes for the classes, they'll tell you how early to bring the kids before the class starts.

Oops sorry, I was referring to the free classes in my response above. If you're doing premium activities, I think you can reserve those in advance...I think those come with food.

Otherwise someone mentioned in another post the cost for the kids to eat at Aunty's is pretty inexpensive compared to other resort prices.

My son is 10 and sometimes has a hard time settling in at places like this. At the kids club at DCL he just goes and plays video games so we didnt line up early to sign him up for programs. He LOVED Aunty's. Everytime we picked him up he was playing with another child.

Bottom line- in spite of the crowds we found everyone-- kids and adults-- to be very open and friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter