Aurora Tour in Fairbanks?

DaisyDuck001

DIS Veteran
My bucket list trip to Alaska had to be rescheduled from 2020 to this year. I'd like to choose one of the aurora tours that starts out from Fairbanks, and goes away from the city lights for a few hours at night for aurora viewing. There are lots of small businesses offering such tours! If anyone reading this has done one that you'd recommend, I'd be interested to know which one!

Ours was cancelled due to weather but if I could suggest something in Fairbanks, look up Running Reindeer Ranch. They do walking tours with reindeer up into the woods on their property. We did it a couple of years ago in Oct and it was fabulous. Still one of my best memories of my AK adventure.

My bucket list trip to Alaska had to be rescheduled from 2020 to this year. I'd like to choose one of the aurora tours that starts out from Fairbanks, and goes away from the city lights for a few hours at night for aurora viewing. There are lots of small businesses offering such tours! If anyone reading this has done one that you'd recommend, I'd be interested to know which one!

When are you going to Alaska?

If you are going to have a car then you can just get directions and drive up to Chena Dome or Murphy Dome. Both are high and above/far from the city lights. Both roads become dirt and gravel after a bit but are easily drivable.

You can check the aurora websites to see when the activity is highest.

When are you going to Alaska?

If you are going to have a car then you can just get directions and drive up to Chena Dome or Murphy Dome. Both are high and above/far from the city lights. Both roads become dirt and gravel after a bit but are easily drivable.

You can check the aurora websites to see when the activity is highest.
I'm going in September. I'll be renting a car, and prefer to stick with paved roads. I'd like to join an organized tour for an aurora-viewing night, because some of the local guides are experienced with finding better viewing spots, finding where the weather is clear somewhere, when it's cloudy elsewhere. Some of the tours include photos of the tourist with the aurora in the background, which would be tougher to get on my own without aurora photography experience and specialized equipment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter