Australia to USA Part One

Nutsy

<font color=green>Only drinks Cappuccino<br><font
Ok...........not quite sure what I should be writing here but I've been asked by a few friends to write a trip report, this is a first so bear with me please.......

Day one...........14/9 Bne/Auckland/LA/Anaheim

QF25 was 10 minutes late taking off from Brisbane & no sooner were we up in the air & we hit turbulence. We had been preparing the boys for this, but hadn't expected to encounter it quite so soon, so was a bit of a shock & a bit of a shaky start to our holiday. We arrived in Auckland at 6pm local time (2 hrs ahead of Bne time) & had a stop over of about an hour an a half. Met up with some folk from Utah who had been in New Zealand & Australia on a tour & were heading home. They were very nice & included the boys in what they were saying too.

After many long hours & a half an hour sleep we finally landed in LA. What a shock to the system when we saw roads underneath the runway & all around us as well. We had to disembark from the plane at the back of beyond (literally) & were then bussed to the terminal & what a ride that was..........it was hang on for dear life!:D

Once inside the terminal it was down about 3 flights of stairs to imigration & you should have seen the line...........it was a mile long! Finally it was our turn to hand over our passports etc & we got this really nice guy called Henry whose first words were 'G'day mates"! Made us feel real welcome & of course we got talking about Australia & of course Steve Irwin came into the conversation & I am pleased to say he is one American who is NOT a Steve fan!!:)

Ok, so we finally clear customs & immigration & now it is the blind leading the blind while we try to fathom our way out of this place to the road to the Shuttle Bus to take us to Anaheim. Meanwhile 45 minutes later it finally arrives & we are on our way to Anaheim. It was so hard to stay awake as we were all so tired, but somehow we managed to doze off & wake in time to arrive at the Carousel Inn.

To our surprise there was a note for us at checkin from our dear friends Kama & family who had arrived the night before & as it turned out our rooms were only 3 doors from eachother.:D

Once we got a bit settled we called Kama & they came down to our room.........this is the first time we have ever met. Tho we have spoken on the phone a few times. All went well. It was great to meet them in person finally.

Oh by the way...................this is still the 14th September, even tho we flew through the night, it was actually the 15th September back home here..........weird!!!

Day two............15/9 Anaheim

This is Sunday & the two families head for DCA. First time for both families. We found it to be quite a bit like our Dreamworld over here. Quite spread out & not a great deal to do & see, plus with not much happening before 11am it was a bit dead!

Had tea at McDonalds that night as it was quite close to the Carousel Inn which delighted the boys no end.:D We were amazed at the size of the drinks & chips over there. They are so big compared to ours & the big bonus is that the drinks are refillable.........BARGAIN!! The medium size drink is the size of our large over here & another good thing about McDonalds is that they have choc dipped ice creams.......that one me over!! LOL!! We only have plain vanilla over here, plus once again the size of othe ice cream over there is way bigger.
:) :) :)

After tea wa arranged with Kama & co to head back over to DCA for the Electric Light Parade. It was really pretty & it was too short. :( Just when we were getting really engrossed in it, it came to an end.:( Not to worry tho, at least we saw it & up close too. Oh & Mc Donalds have a much larger McFlurry than we have over here too, which won the boys over, (as if they needed winning over tho)!:)

Day Three......16/9 Anaheim

Today was DL with Kama & co. It was good to have someone to walk around with & also for my 13yr it was good to have someone to go on rides with. My DH usually is the guinea pig, as eldest DS & myslef are vary wary of rides.:D I'm just no good on rides at all.:( But 13yr old DS had a ball going on the fast exciting rides with DH & Kamas DH & DS.

Day Four.............17/9 Anaheim

Ok..........today was not a Disney day but a Knotts Berry Farm day instead. Kama & co did not join us today, so it was just us. It was ok tho, just a long day. Not a great deal to see & do at Knotts & with there not being any queues it was hop on & off the rides in no time & on the next port of call. DH & 13yr DS experienced some great rides, one of which DS vowed not to go on again. I think he got a bit more than he bargained for.:D Meanwhile I enjoyed sitting in the shade watching them, along with eldest DS. DH & DS's went on Jaguar, but once again I sat out. Mild as it may be, it still is not mild enough for my stomach & head. For lunch today we had a real beaut meal of Mrs. Knotts chicken dinner. We had it on good authority that it was a meal worth having & one that two could share. So share we did.... we bought 2 meals between the four of us & it was one very filling meal. It was the best meal we'd had since arriving on Saturday. The desert of ice cream was real ice cream too, not ice confection, this stuff was real creamy & real yummy too. I would recommend it to anyone who visits Knotts to eat at the restaurant & have a Mrs. Knotts chicken dinner. It's a MUST!!:D :D

Great start to you trip reports Auriel, you do sound like a wuss though:smooth:
Keep 'em coming! :Pinkbounc

Ahem............by the way, what' wrong with Steve Irwin exactly, I love him
biggrin2.gif

Sounds like you had a really fun time! Glad you were able to meet up w/ Kama, too! :)

Good job Auriel! :bounce:

I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet! I hope we're able to do it again someday! :)

Looking forward to Part 2 of your report! :)

Your turn to come here next time Kim my dear friend. We've been to you, so know you have to come to us.........:D

Part two will be done in a day or so.............;)

Wonder what interesting stuff will be in that??:)

Hey Sam!!

Wuss, well maybe so, but I'd much rather be a wuss & no my limits than regret it forever after. Just ask Kim how I was after the Indiana Jones ride??

I just can't handle rides, not even a swing.:(

Wish I could go on some & have fun with the guys but I just can't, so I have to be content to sit & watch & wait.........:)

I just don't get my money's worth like the guys do that's all......:)

Wonder what interesting stuff will be in that??
Uh oh! :eek: *Kim starts racking her brain to think of what stupid things she did, that she's about to get busted for*

Yes, I have to say, that Auriel wasn't too thrilled with Indiana Jones. :( Poor thing. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter