Autograph Book Advice Needed Please!!

LMRichards

Earning My Ears
I am making an autograph book for my kids. I have tons of cute character cards. The questions is do I organize the book by location, character, etc? Also should I have more than one available for the multiple times we should see the character? Do I section it off by character dining??? Help!!!!!!

I prefer to keep characters of the same story together. So Hook, Peter, Tink will all be in the same section of my book, all the Pooh characters in another, etc. It just makes it easier for me to find them when I'm going for a signature plus if there are multiple characters meeting, they can see who I need and who I might be meeting for the second time :teeth: Also characters of the same story tend to be near each other anyway. But that being said, I think you should organize it however you like, there's no right or wrong way to organize your own memories

Agree. I kept "like" characters together. Princesses all together in alpha order along with their Prince or other family (like step sisters). Then Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, etc all together. I also put some blank pages in the back in case.

I put my son's book together with everything in alphabetical order with the exception of the character meals and they were grouped in the back. It seemed to work for us.

I just finished making 3 autograph books and the one that turned out best is a 3 ringed binder one. I grouped the pages by characters that we know we will be meeting at the same time. Like all the princesses at CRT, and those we think will be at Disney Jr. Live on Stage etc. I did cute pages for those we know we will be getting and then added extra pages decorated the best I could for those we may be lucky enough to snag. There are so many I would like the kids to get! I used cardstock to make the pages and then the book came with clear plastic sleeves for extra photos we take. Once the book is back home we can rearrange pages as needed since it has the punched holes.

At what age did your children become interested in getting autographs? My daughter was 2 the last time we were there so she did not care. Do you think I should get a book together for our trip, now that she is 5?

I went to WDW for the first time when I was 3, and my mom didn't allow me to have an autograph book because she thought they were only for older kids. I wanted one so bad! The next time we went I was around 5 and I finally got my autograph book, and I loved every second of carrying it around and collecting autographs!

We did autographs on our first family trip, my boys were 3 and 11 months. The 3 year old LOVED getting the autographs and it helped him feel more comfortable in approaching the characters as he had a mission. When we went back 2 years later, they were 5, and just turned 3, and DD was 12 months. They were even more into it this time and even my DD wanted to give the card to the characters - so each character they took turns taking the signature cards & pen to the character. I think any child that can hold a book/pen and likes characters would like to do it.

I made our autograph books chronological by which day we saw the character. I took card stock for the signature and once I have the pictures I placed them in a small 3ring photo binder in order of what day we saw the character. I'm sure it will be great what ever way you do it.

when i was little, we had autograph books. the times I went in high school and college, we didn't meet characters. Now that i've been as an adult, I've used a wooden frame bought at a craft store for $1. I paint it white and then have the characters sign it. We get some pretty funny and cool interactions with it. At the end of the trip I print out a group photo and stick it in the middle.

Hi there, I would organize your book first by Character then by who they go with, like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy etc.
The Princess', the Fairies

FWIW, I did a small one (5"X8")

I did by category first - Mickey and friends, Princess, Movie Stars...
Within the category it is kind of a combination manual/alphabetic listing.
For example, Mickey is first page in "Mickey and Friends", then Minnie, Donald, Daisy...
For "Princesses" and |Movie Stars"|, alphabetic with related entities together (Anna is in her alphabetic location, Elsa is right behind Anna despite being an E)
Size was a concern for me so I made sure I had both her favorites and most likely meets and then several blank pages at the end to accommodate the random collection of others she may or may not meet. I tried to keep ours capped at 50 pages.

The two I was torn about were Alice and Mary Poppins. Are they "Princesses" or "Movie Stars"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter