• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autopia?

NorthernCalMom

Compulsive Touring Planner
The following quote is from a different thread:
I went in to adjust my plan for 8/10 today, only to find that I couldn't because, apparently (unbeknownst even to Disney themselves), Autopia is closed until 12/31/16.
Anybody knows anything about this? All I can find online is a posted refurbishment from July 21 through July 23. We'll be there from August 5 through 7. My younger daughter just made the height requirement for driving by herself, and this was supposed to be one of the highlights of her visit, so if they're actually closed, I need to make sure I prepare her for that disappointment. Anybody can find me a reliable source for the above information?

Edited to add: When I call OTTO, I do get a wait time for it.
:drive:

Last edited:
Touring Plans is the ONLY place I have seen that says Autopia is closed. And they say it's been closed since April, which is obviously false, given that they'd had it showing as open just two days ago.

It's not listed on Disney's daily calendar and since you are so close to your dates I think that is inaccurate information.

I think TP mixed up the ride with the Autopia FP machines. Those have been down since about April and will probably be down as long as Innoventions is closed because the machines are located right next that building.

We'll be there from August 5 through 7. My younger daughter just made the height requirement for driving by herself, and this was supposed to be one of the highlights of her visit, so if they're actually closed, I need to make sure I prepare her for that disappointment

Since the FP machines are down, I would suggest that you ride first thing on a non-MM. It will be walk-on and sometimes after you ride if there's still no line then the CM's will let you get out of the car and get right back into a different one. This is one of my son's favorite rides and they let us do that when we were there in June. We also rode on a MM morning, but we didn't have MM and when we got there at 8am the line was already 20min!

Thank goodness! DD keeps talking about this ride, so a closure would have been really, really sad for her. Did I mention how much I love the DIS boards. You guys saved me from going into full-blown panic mode just now!!

That is very strange. I was there just last night and it was running just like any other day. I don't think you need to worry about anything. There are a lot of unreliable sources for Disneyland news out there.

My younger daughter just made the height requirement for driving by herself, and this was supposed to be one of the highlights of her visit

As a head's up, it's really going to depend on where she has height, if she actually CAN drive. My son JUST was able to drive on his own, and he's 5' tall. He carries height in his torso, and before now he could not put the pedal down AND see at the same time. We only had the opportunity to ride once, and I rode with him just in case I had to (like I have always done) push the pedal down for him. I did not. Woo!

And they say it's been closed since April, which is obviously false, given that they'd had it showing as open just two days ago.

Definitely false, given that we rode it about 4 days ago. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter