Availability Weirdness

. I think those weren't really available but people booked them anyway. Meaning that people booked the whole first week of April (yesterday booked March 28-April 4). So they have it booked, but it wasn't really available. But I think Disney has to honor their booking, they did nothing wrong, so they will probably just be upgraded from value to std or something. However, that messes up my walk (and your walk) because we were walking based on the premise that noone could get ahead of us, and they shouldn't have been able to (except there was a glitch showing false availabilty, so they did).
I agree, I think This was happened but also with Club level rooms 🫣 (which will be a lot harder to fix)

AKV should have a full refurb in 2024, don’t know whether that will happen, but if it does that’ll block walks.
AKV has had availability weirdness through the years.
If there was a glitch w/ showing too much inventory I’m glad they shut it down fast rather than having another VGC debacle.
But it is only three days that are unavailable, a refurb would take more than 3 days. April 2,3,4 is available, but not bookable because we can't get April 1.

But it is only three days that are unavailable, a refurb would take more than 3 days. April 2,3,4 is available, but not bookable because we can't get April 1.
Agreed, I was just noting that in addition to the current availability weirdness there’s a possibility of future issues for anyone trying to walk in 2024 at AKV. My personal prediction is that the AKV refurb will get pushed into 2025 since we alternate years & 2025 will be an AKV year for us so of course we’ll run into construction :(.

Every single category of rooms from now until July 5 are gone at all DVC resorts. This is beyond 60 days as someone suggested that it was breakage with cash reservations. I think some system error is causing everything to be gone until July 5th. I spoke with a CM and they have no knowledge as assume they have just been all booked up. It just does not make sense.

Every single category of rooms from now until July 5 are gone at all DVC resorts. This is beyond 60 days as someone suggested that it was breakage with cash reservations. I think some system error is causing everything to be gone until July 5th. I spoke with a CM and they have no knowledge as assume they have just been all booked up. It just does not make sense.
I have been watching july 1 this week. Now every room is gone? Strange.

I agree — it doesn’t make sense. For the first time, I just had to cancel a reservation where points had to go into holding so I’ve been looking at availability in May/June. Earlier this week, random nights were available here and there with lots of options at SSR and OKW in June. And now nothing. Something seems off.
Makes me nervous for when I need to use up the rest of my holding points later this year.

I have been stalking to possibly modify and or add to my June trip. There has been a surprising amount of availability in the past month or so. It started to tighten about the 60 day mark and then there was some really surprising availability that had not been there about a week ago. Then a few days ago it all got taken. Looks to me like Disney used it for cash reservations after the 60-day window, but there was a pretty good amount open for a day or so. I didn't grab anything though, I was looking to add 1 more night in a 1BR at Riviera but didn't want to spend around 46 points so I passed. It's fun looking though.

Ugg, our flight just got changed so we ended up adding a night for our June trip and I was hoping to grab something on points. I thought breakage too, but then it seems odd that there is zero availability thru July 4th at ALL resorts. Really hoping it's a glitch...

Just to add my observations - I've been stalking mid-May at least 3 or more times per day for the last 4 weeks to see whats available for a potential work trip to Orlando. There had been plenty of availability at SSR (all room types), 1 and 2 BRs at OKW, PVB bungalow, and several other scattered 1 and 2 BRs and even a few studios at AKV. This had been the pattern until 3 days ago. Now - zero anywhere the entire month. It all literally disappeared within 3 hours. Makes no sense.

Well, another point here..... I had a walk blocked to on an AKV value room this morning. I have 11 months from today booked, but I am unable to book 11 months + 3 days. I will check throughout the day, but it is just frustrating....

I had the same issue. Is there certain number of days one would have to book a walking reservation to be safe from being blocked out? I had three nights but it wasn’t enough.
Still the same today for the AKLvalue rooms. Did anyone figure out a work around to continue their walk? I tried calling, but the lady did not understand what I was trying to explain, she just said someone booked more days than I did.

Just to add my observations - I've been stalking mid-May at least 3 or more times per day for the last 4 weeks to see whats available for a potential work trip to Orlando. There had been plenty of availability at SSR (all room types), 1 and 2 BRs at OKW, PVB bungalow, and several other scattered 1 and 2 BRs and even a few studios at AKV. This had been the pattern until 3 days ago. Now - zero anywhere the entire month. It all literally disappeared within 3 hours. Makes no sense.
We had an early June 2-night waitlist for a Boardwalk Standard View Studio come through. I never thought I’d see that happen.

Still the same today for the AKLvalue rooms. Did anyone figure out a work around to continue their walk? I tried calling, but the lady did not understand what I was trying to explain, she just said someone booked more days than I did.
I did not find a work around. I did not bother calling. This happened to me once before and MS gave me the same "someone booked it first line". It is interesting this happened on Easter weekend next year? I have not looked, but I would not be surprised if cash rooms are available. I still suspect Disney violates the POS and will grab rooms for cash in the 11months+7 day window, when the actual 11 month night is not available. But I am a conspiracy therorist.

I’m new to owning AKV so I can’t be sure, but I do think the rooms were just booked up by someone who was walking more days than us. I think the word got out on disboards that these rooms were still available and it probably prompted a few extra people with more points (than I have) to also log in and start walking a long stay. I’m just hoping I can catch an open day to start walking again before my June trip 😢

I did not find a work around. I did not bother calling. This happened to me once before and MS gave me the same "someone booked it first line". It is interesting this happened on Easter weekend next year? I have not looked, but I would not be surprised if cash rooms are available. I still suspect Disney violates the POS and will grab rooms for cash in the 11months+7 day window, when the actual 11 month night is not available. But I am a conspiracy therorist.
Maybe scheduled maintenance?

I’m new to owning AKV so I can’t be sure, but I do think the rooms were just booked up by someone who was walking more days than us. I think the word got out on disboards that these rooms were still available and it probably prompted a few extra people with more points (than I have) to also log in and start walking a long stay. I’m just hoping I can catch an open day to start walking again before my June trip 😢
In theory this shouldn’t be able to happen due to us having the first day. Even if they book 6 days and I book 2, we can both continue to walk because nobody else can book April 1 if I hold March 31.

This time it happened, I think, because those rooms were never really available. It was a glitch. So they got a head of us because DVC rented out 100 rooms when there are only 10 available. (Not real numbers)
Maybe scheduled maintenance?
This could be it. But only 3 days of maintenance? Probably not.

The only scenario I could see where it could be maintenance is if Jambo is in need of the same roof work that Kidani is currently doing and they are taking out a certain number of rooms on certain dates. So if that is when they are scheduling work such as that and it is to be in the area where the values are then that is plausible. Not likely though given the availability that was shown a couple of day ago for March.

Thanks.

It appears cash rooms can only be booked through the end of the year, so it cannot be that.

And if it was some sort of company thing, I can’t imagine they’d grab Value rooms with hundreds of Standard and Savannah rooms available.

As you suggest, maybe just a glitch.

In theory this shouldn’t be able to happen due to us having the first day. Even if they book 6 days and I book 2, we can both continue to walk because nobody else can book April 1 if I hold March 31.

This time it happened, I think, because those rooms were never really available. It was a glitch. So they got a head of us because DVC rented out 100 rooms when there are only 10 available. (Not real numbers)

So who actually got the “real” rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter