Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
Avatar Flight of Passage: Fly A Banshee in Pandora | Walt Disney World  Resort

HP_6.jpg

This was a super hard one.
They are both such amazing rides!
Went with FJ though because I am a huge HP fan ( not so much Avatar franchise fan).

Reactions: AJA

hard not to choose FP, as it was SO innovative when it came out, and the queue is beyond amazing, The castle! and Dumbledore's office, and all the other details, BUT FoP has managed to take out the nausea factor for me, and the ride is wonderful. FoP wins this one. (and I am NOT at all an avatar fan.)

hard not to choose FP, as it was SO innovative when it came out, and the queue is beyond amazing, The castle! and Dumbledore's office, and all the other details, BUT FoP has managed to take out the nausea factor for me, and the ride is wonderful. FoP wins this one. (and I am NOT at all an avatar fan.)
Yea the nausea factor is the only thing I really don't like for FJ, but most of that seems to come from the screens to me. I do fine during the physical set portions. Very curious to see how the monsters ride at Epic Universe will be since it's rumored to be the same system but use physical sets for the whole thing and not have the screen portions that FJ has.

Reactions: AJA
LOVE the queue for FJ, but boy that ride is tough on my tummy.
FoP is just an amazing ride. Love the music, love the smells. The only time my tummy had a bit of trouble was when it was a walk-on and the cut-through was open so we rode 3 times in 40 minutes. Neither my son or I were willing to chance a fourth ride. LOL. It's definitely FoP for me.

FoP is the better ride, not even close
FJ is the better queue, not even close
If there was no ride for FJ I might just wait in a queue to see the FJ queue - it's a true walk-thru attraction. FoP queue is one of the better ones too, but doesn't hold a candle to the FJ queue.

For those who report that FJ makes them nauseous (me too), imagine how bad it must have been before they removed the 3-D glasses. I have the most issues when you are transitioning between the fixed set and the screens. As long as I am just looking at one or the other I am fine.

For those who report that FJ makes them nauseous (me too), imagine how bad it must have been before they removed the 3-D glasses. I have the most issues when you are transitioning between the fixed set and the screens. As long as I am just looking at one or the other I am fine.

Orlando never had the 3D glasses.

Forbidden Journey. If ever one of us starts to feel queasy, the trick we've found is to close our eyes for a moment.

The preshow of FoP is always annoying.

I also love the details of the castle and the gift shop. Universal did an excellent job. Much more interesting than the FoP gift shop. FoP giftshop had big potential, but it just doesn't wow me as is.

Looks like I’m in the minority but I think Forbidden Journey was way better than Flights of passage. Walking into the ride area on FoP was very underwhelming. It didn’t feel themed, it just felt like a sterile room. I went to the bother of riding it once and never went to the trouble again. I’ve been on FJ too many times to count!

Surprised how this poll has gone. To me physcial sets that interact with the rider will always beat a screen. Whilst FOP is the closest I have been to awed in a simulator ride I have to go with FJ. When I first rode that, going through the castle and my "bench" taking off I was in absolute awe and immersion.

Surprised how this poll has gone. To me physcial sets that interact with the rider will always beat a screen. Whilst FOP is the closest I have been to awed in a simulator ride I have to go with FJ. When I first rode that, going through the castle and my "bench" taking off I was in absolute awe and immersion.
I was pretty surprised as well. I haven't ridden FoP yet so haven't voted and was curious the outcome, I but I figured even if FoP was ahead it would be a lot closer for the reasons listed. I will grant FJ does feel like it's about half simulator, but still the physical sets are great in it. The screen based parts are a little nauseating but outside of that I think the ride isn't bad as far as that. FoP looks great and has a fantastic looking queue as well, but seems strange to me for a simulator to get that much higher results to a physical dark ride. Makes me anticipate FoP even more when I finally get to it.

While I like both I went with FJ. Difficult to go with Avatar as it is very seat dependent (edges are distorted) whereas FJ is consistent in quality and immersion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter