• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FigmentIsTheBest

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any clue as to when Avatar Land will open?

How long has this been under construction?

Any hope it will open before the movie is only a vague footnote in film history about some blue people? (May have already reached this point.)

With all the things being shut down it would be nice to open something.
(Though they are nice garages. :))

There will be a big Avatar Land presentation at the D23 event this year in November. I'd be willing to bet we will get an opening date then. I've got my fingers crossed for an opening date before our trip in May 2017. It would make sense for them to try to do some sort of soft open before the summer season begins.

2017 would be nice.

Soft opening like they did with the expanded Fantasy Land would be nice to get a pre-view.

Let's hope! pixiedust:

Any hope it will open before the movie is only a vague footnote in film history about some blue people? (May have already reached this point.)
James Cameron has announced 4 sequels which are tentatively set for release in 2018, 2020, 2022 & 2023.

At least one senior member of the WDI staff on site is willing to say in public that the project is sufficiently on schedule to be optimistic that a significant part of Pandora (there isn't an "Avatarland") will be available to the public by the park's anniversary next year, which is in April. Also said that a staged opening is possible, with one of the two attractions opening later than the rest of the area.

There will be a big Avatar Land presentation at the D23 event this year in November. I'd be willing to bet we will get an opening date then. I've got my fingers crossed for an opening date before our trip in May 2017. It would make sense for them to try to do some sort of soft open before the summer season begins.

I'm hoping for spring next year too- we're there in August, and it'll be the last time for a few years as DH has said we need to do some other trips and maybe just do DLP to tide over my Disney love, and I'd like the major bugs to be ironed out!! ;)

Oh man, I'm actually kind of hoping it's not ready by spring - we're going in early May and I'm dreading the possible crowds a new world would bring.

2017 would be great! We are going in August 2017, so I am hoping it's open. Would be nice to see some fresh attractions!

After next years' trip, we are planning to take a break until Star Wars Land is complete...

At least one senior member of the WDI staff on site is willing to say in public that the project is sufficiently on schedule to be optimistic that a significant part of Pandora will be available to the public by the park's anniversary next year, which is in April.

As opposed to the sequels for Avatar, which are already four years behind the original schedule (and apparently they still haven't started filming yet...)

Does anyone have any clue as to when Avatar Land will open?

How long has this been under construction?

With all the things being shut down it would be nice to open something.
(Though they are nice garages. :))
It's on schedule as far as I've heard. Looking at a spring to summer opening in 2017 most likely.

It's been under construction since January of 2014.

The land won't be about the movie it's going to be about the land inside the movie.

At least one senior member of the WDI staff on site is willing to say in public that the project is sufficiently on schedule to be optimistic that a significant part of Pandora (there isn't an "Avatarland") will be available to the public by the park's anniversary next year, which is in April. Also said that a staged opening is possible, with one of the two attractions opening later than the rest of the area.

Sounds vague.
Two attractions; if one opens next spring and one does not, the project will only be 50% on time.

Sounds vague.
Two attractions; if one opens next spring and one does not, the project will only be 50% on time.
I'd be interested to see which opens first if they don't open together. Both have had multiple permits for show set installation. I would've thought they both chugging along to open together.

Since we are on this topic, can someone remind us of the supposed attractions for this new land?

James Cameron has announced 4 sequels which are tentatively set for release in 2018, 2020, 2022 & 2023.

That makes more sense then. I thought it was weird that they were making a land based around an older movie.

Since we are on this topic, can someone remind us of the supposed attractions for this new land?

There is supposed to be a "flying" type ride featuring the banshees from the movie, and a boat ride through the forest part. I haven't seen a lot of details about them though.

Flight of passage is a flying ride where you are on a banshee from the movie soaring over the land of Pandora.

Navi River Journey is a boat ride presumably using a technology similar to pirates in Shanghai that goes through the bioluminescence of Pandora.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter