Avengers: Infinity War - Discussion (*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***)

Loved it!!! Our theater has a hype man who comes out for the first screening of all big shows, to work the crowd up into a frenzy. It wasn't needed. But I don't think I have ever heard a theater so quiet after a movie where everyone was laughing out loud or cheering much of the time. I know my reaction was "Seriously?!!"

Everyone cheered in my theater too to see Captain America in the shadows for the first time. And how about Thor and his white eyes?

Anyone have any idea what the budget would be for all of the special effects alone? Has to be massive!

Last edited:
Green Lantern is DC, not Marvel, so I don't see that happening.

I've got tickets to see it again tonight, in 3d this time. Still so excited.
Ha! I knew it!! I tried to tell DH and he swore up and down that GL was Marvel.

Saw it last night and awesome! Loved being in a 7pm showing with the great crowd who laughed and gasped and cheered at all the perfect moments! Once I got home I bought 2 more tickets for Sunday so my dad can see it too and we can discuss!

Moments I loved:
-Girl power fight with Okoye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Daughter of Thanos
-Teenage Groot!
-Thor + Guardians; especially Rocket
-Rocket + Winter Soldier
-Tony and Spiderman at the end
-Probably many many more, just those ones stuck out in my head!

My future predictions:
-Everyone who faded will be brought back, but in doing so, many (most?) of the OG Avengers will sacrifice themselves. Definitely Cap, maybe even Iron Man (he was thinking too far in the future with Pepper), possibly Thor and/or Hulk.
-Dr Strange knew what he was doing giving up the Time Stone; the only way to defeat Thanos would be to allow him to get what he wants, only to discover it isn't what he actually wants!
-GotG Vol 3 will be about finding Gamora. Maybe Avengers 4 will end with Thanos dying but before he goes giving a hint to Star Lord that the soul stone can bring her back.

And if anyone is curious, upcoming MCU movies:
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Will actually take place before Infinity War; but I would expect a significant end-credits scene
Captain Marvel - Can't wait, especially with this end credits scene!
Spiderman sequel
GotG 3
Black Panther 2

Rumored: Black Widow (I could see this one being her on her own after all the other Avengers are gone), Dr. Strange 2

Non MCU: Deadpool 2, Venom, Into the Spiderverse, Dark Phoenix, New Mutants

There is almost no way though that Gamora will not be in GotG Vol. 3. I just can't see it. That series has it's own fans, and I don't think they would kill her "off screen" so to speak for those who only watch GotG.

All of these characters have an out. First of all, anyone with an Infinity Gauntlet can do literally anything, including resurrect the dead, no matter if they died or were wished out of existence. Also, Vision is essentially just a computer program, and has gone through multiple bodies in the comics. As long as there is a backup, he's good. I expect that most of the damage Thanos has wrought will be undone in a grand gesture that will repair the universe but may also leave a few changes.

There has to be consequences to this or both movies will be needless. I think everyone killed before the snap is gone for good while everyone after will be back. Vision could be the only outlier as Shuri could easily fix him.

Anyone have any idea what the budget would be for all of the special effects alone? Has to be massive!

Not sure about just VFX but the budget for both Avengers 3 and 4 was a billion dollars. Pretty sure most expensive ever made.

Rumored: Black Widow (I could see this one being her on her own after all the other Avengers are gone), Dr. Strange 2

Marvel is currently interviewing female directors to helm the BW movie. Winter Soldier has been rumored to appear in it as well.

Moments I loved:
-Girl power fight with Okoye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Daughter of Thanos
-Teenage Groot!
-Rocket + Winter Soldier

Rumored: Black Widow (I could see this one being her on her own after all the other Avengers are gone)

YES to all this! I also loved Okoye side-eyeing Bruce, Wanda’s smile when Cap arrives, the talk between rabbit and the pirate angel on the way to make Stormbreaker, Mantis trampolining on Titan and the whole scene between Thanos, Gamora & Quill with the bubble gun.

The Black Widow movie is rumoured to be a prequel featuring Bucky as well, which will be interesting because it means it’s going focus on her origin of becoming a Black Widow and possibly the Red Room where Bucky was one of people who trained her.

There has to be consequences to this or both movies will be needless. I think everyone killed before the snap is gone for good while everyone after will be back. Vision could be the only outlier as Shuri could easily fix him.

I just don't see it happening. Gamora is key to the GotG dynamic. They may have to go on a search for her, but most certainly she will be seen in the film, and as more than just a cameo. It is likely that before the end of this, Gamora will come back using the Soul Stone somehow, though others may be sacrificed in the process.

I don't really see why the consequences have to include character deaths anyway. I mean, they could, but I don't think that not having them makes the movies pointless or anything. These guys die and return all the time in the comics. It's just not a big issue for me.

I just don't see it happening. Gamora is key to the GotG dynamic. They may have to go on a search for her, but most certainly she will be seen in the film, and as more than just a cameo. It is likely that before the end of this, Gamora will come back using the Soul Stone somehow, though others may be sacrificed in the process.

I don't really see why the consequences have to include character deaths anyway. I mean, they could, but I don't think that not having them makes the movies pointless or anything. These guys die and return all the time in the comics. It's just not a big issue for me.
I agree. It's comics and superhero movies; they always bring back people. I think there will be enough "permanent" deaths from Infinity War and deaths in Avengers 4 to more than make up for Gamora resurrection.

Also, I'm just going to point out: Spock. Killed in Wrath of Khan. Film 3 (Search for Spock) is all about finding him. Then in The Voyage Home, they partially deal with his emotions and acceptance back into the group. I can't remember if they even really deal with it anymore in future films?

Yes.

While there were slow spots, they were necessary to pull the story together. But the action spots wore me out, they didn't hold back. The ending was :eek: but then once I started to really take it in and look at some details .... kinda okay. We saw it 3D and I don't think that was necessary at all, maybe disappointing. Might go back to see it again because there was so much happening, I'm sure I missed a lot.

I saw it in 3D as well and would have to agree with you. It did absolutely nothing for the film aside from making the characters pop a little more. There were times when my eyes were a little wonky so I just took of the glasses and tbh it just looked like a normal film. I am on my way to see it a second time tonight in 2D/ standard (whatever u wanna call it) and I think it’ll be just as good, if not then better

I agree. It's comics and superhero movies; they always bring back people. I think there will be enough "permanent" deaths from Infinity War and deaths in Avengers 4 to more than make up for Gamora resurrection.

Also, I'm just going to point out: Spock. Killed in Wrath of Khan. Film 3 (Search for Spock) is all about finding him. Then in The Voyage Home, they partially deal with his emotions and acceptance back into the group. I can't remember if they even really deal with it anymore in future films?

They did talk about it a little in Star Trek V (the camping scenes).

I see this as likely, but I think Avengers 4 will basically be the search for Gamora, with her being back before GotG Vol. 3. I actually think she will be key to defeating Thanos, because she can get to his emotions. In the comics Nebula was the key, but the movies have set Gamora up as more important.

I agree. It's a comic book movie. People die and are brought back all the time in comic books, it's in keeping with the genre.

Just based on the announced future movie schedule, the next movie will have to reset a lot of those deaths.

Just got out of the theater and that was my first thought - was shocked by which people died vs which ones survived (I thought more of the “old guard” would be the ones killed off) - the the point that I am convinced it will have to be reversed at some point

Saw it last night and awesome! Loved being in a 7pm showing with the great crowd who laughed and gasped and cheered at all the perfect moments! Once I got home I bought 2 more tickets for Sunday so my dad can see it too and we can discuss!

Moments I loved:
-Teenage Groot!
-Rocket + Winter Soldier

My future predictions:
-Everyone who faded will be brought back, but in doing so, many (most?) of the OG Avengers will sacrifice themselves. Definitely Cap, maybe even Iron Man (he was thinking too far in the future with Pepper), possibly Thor and/or Hulk.
-Dr Strange knew what he was doing giving up the Time Stone; the only way to defeat Thanos would be to allow him to get what he wants, only to discover it isn't what he actually wants!
-GotG Vol 3 will be about finding Gamora. Maybe Avengers 4 will end with Thanos dying but before he goes giving a hint to Star Lord that the soul stone can bring her back.

And if anyone is curious, upcoming MCU movies:
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Will actually take place before Infinity War; but I would expect a significant end-credits scene
Captain Marvel - Can't wait, especially with this end credits scene!
Spiderman sequel
GotG 3
Black Panther 2

Non MCU: Deadpool 2, Venom, Into the Spiderverse, Dark Phoenix, New Mutants

I liked the girls teaming up / though part of me hates that they always do the good girl(s) matches up with the bad girls - part of me wishes the three of them teamed up to beat a male rather than the girl - sort of makes it seem like they can “only” handle another girl

Fully agree that Dr Strange knew what he was doing and not “just” saving Tony

I loved the post credits scene. Are they going to tie that in to Agents of SHIELD? HOW?

My theory is that SHIELD will finish dealing with their current arc. Everyone will be happy that they saved the future. Then in the very last 5 minutes, some of them will also disappear.

If it comes back next year, perhaps the remaining characters will find some clues (easter eggs for the movies) that will help the remaining Avengers to find the rewind button.

Also...Since Tony invited the Guardians and Wong to his wedding. I don't think Tony will die in Part 2. Unlike Chris Evans who I think wants to be done with Cap, I think RDJ doesn't want to be forgotten. I don't think he puts on the suit again, but Tony can pop in and out handing out new tech when needed.

Last edited:
Wow! Only nitpick in the movie was the lack of Steve Rogers. Was really a Tony Stark swan song, imagine the next will be reversed. Loved it. Also were was happy?

Well of course. I hope they don’t bring back the actual deaths like Gamora, vision, or Loki but you know the fadeaway will be back. Especially black panther cause that’d be financial suicide

I think Loki is dead dead, Never saw Gamora die she will be part of the reset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter