Avis codes- specifically USA code

bunny

DIS Veteran
I remember a thread a while back about this code, but I can't remember what the final verdict was. Is this code valid or not? What kind of ID is required? The rate using this code is about $20 less per day for a one day rental. Thanks everyone.

I am curious, too. I got a great rate with Avis using this code on a luxury car, about a $300 discount off of their regular rate. Not sure if I'll be able to use this or not, my confirmation basicly says that I may or may not get that rate.

I used the USA code and a membership number and got a great rate at port with Avis for our before and after cruise transporation needs. I also used a $5 coupon I got for joining wizard club so the daily rate for a full size came to $25. My confirmation printed all this out BUT when I picked up car it was $15 higher. I had a written confirmation with the clause that said some coupons could be blacked out but they honored the printed rate and never asked for anything but the Wizard coupon. Never questioned why I had the USA rate but clerk told her supervisor I was there with USA rate. Still do not know what it is for but they seemed to treat it as a normal code anyone could use.

Thanks Patti. You are always so informative when it comes to rate codes. We are going on a cruise for our Anniversary this year. Hopefully it will be as much fun as our Illuminations cruise with you last year. LOL.

Hi Jane!, I didn't realize this was your topic. We are thankful to you for sharing your Illuminations cruise with us. Snowgoose and her family are going to WDW in March. We're doing WDW/Cruise in April. Where are you cruising to?:)

THANKS YOU GUYS! I just got a $780 rental for $338!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH, thats right you all saved me $442!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

OK, great, glad it helped, Unless something different is shown, I used it to book a car for my Mom in Seattle, in Jan. It's just a code for their Winter/Summer Getaway rates, that was on the Avis website.

(Jane, I sent you a PM:) )

Uh, Yeah, Cali. You can combine the USA rate code with various AWD "K" codes from the website. There are also "A"(Costco) AWD codes. :)

If this is a special seasonal rate, does anyone know when it ends? I just plugged in the usa rate and the awd# above and came up with an awsome rate. I'd hate to get to Phoenix in mid-March and have it declined.

If there is a question about their USA/"K" code, or it is no longer shown on the Avis website, just call and ask them. I did not write down which Getaway rate it was for. I booked in Oct01 for mom's trip to Seattle in Jan'02. She did not experience any problems with the rental, but I haven't really played around w/ Avis rate codes since then, sorry. We are using National for our April trip, which I booked last September.:)

Has anyone had any recent experience with this AWD code? I have a car reserved at Orlando for early March and am hoping the code is still valid.

Ok, I called yesterday after I signed DH up for a wizard number and made a reservation. I asked if the price they saw was the same price I had from the res. conformation from their website and the email that they sent me. It wasn't. I ended up speaking to CS and she told me:

First- that I had 12 reservations!!!! There seems to be a glitch in their system right now. She supposedly fixed the reservations to show only one.

Second- There wasn't a rate code attached to any of the reservations. What??? She fixed that, too, to corrispond with what I had infront of me.

Third- I asked about the usa code. I was told that it is actually "us" not "usa", but the website took the "usa" code. I specifically asked which card I needed to bring to show at the counter. This is where I kind of got a runaround. I said that I had over 10 cards/memberships that give me discounts at most of the car rental places. I also said that I have atleast 20 codes to enter for those memberships. (all truth thanks to these boards) I wasn't sure which card I had used to get the discount with the usa code and could they please tell me what to bring with me. The only thing that interested them was the AWD # which is from bnm.com. They said that I just needed to bring the membership card from there and I should be just fine. Problem: They don't have a card. It is only a "rate checking" site that has codes for discounts. No membership is required. (I emailed them to see what I should do and am waiting for a response) I did ask about if I have problems at the counter. I was told to call CS and tell them the problem. As long as I have my print outs, I should be fine.

Fourth- I was told by 2 people that if the website takes it, then the code is not expired when the rental will take place. IE, if the code expires 2/28 and I want to rent a car 3/16, the site won't take it.

So, it seems like the usa code is fine. It seems that they care more about the AWD# more than anything. I will post what happens when we get back, but that won't be until the end of March. If anyone else has used this code, please let us know how it goes. (sounds fine from the other posters that have used it)

Has anyone used a coupon at the counter when picking up at MCO with Avis? I used the usa rate code but it would not take any of the coupons I have on their web site. If anyone has added coupons to a rate code with Avis, please let me know.

RobinLyn :)

Wow, everyone says they are going to use it and no one ever reported back. What a mystery? Suppose something terrible has happened to everyone? I used it back last May in L.A. and the reservation reverted back to "rack rate." At that point it becomes a customer service issue so be sure your have print outs with you and you doublecheck charges if you are Avis Preferred. I'm GUESSING that the code is for U.S. government employees or someone like that on government business and in order for the code to work you have to use a govenment credit card to pay for it. Many rate codes are coded only to work if you follow procedure and the check-in agents rarely are aware of these procedures for individual rate codes. So I feel it is NOT hassle free but not as scary as some other rate codes I have heard people using. Be sure to check to see what your reservation says by calling in and seeing if the rate still shows up to phone agents. If not you will probably have to get a credit after the rental with your printout.

We tried to use it and the rate doesn't show up in the computer at the Avis location when you go to pick up your rental. One Avis location honored our print out only after a manager was asked to come out and approve the rate, another location didn't accept the rate. So beware, haven't tried to use it at MCO and I don't think I will try. Don't need a problem while on a family vacation.

RobinLyn :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter