Avoid weekends if possible?

Hollywoodsign

Mouseketeer
Hello!
Coming for 2 weeks end of September. Given the choice, would you avoid the parks at the weekends? Or are the crowd levels not much different to week days?

Thanks

The only park I would avoid on weekends is Epcot. A lot of local AP holders (my parents included) love to go to Epcot on the weekends. The rides might not necessarily be crowded but the World Showcase will 100% be insanely busy. Add in Food and Wine into the mix and it'll be a madhouse.

The only park I would avoid on weekends is Epcot. A lot of local AP holders (my parents included) love to go to Epcot on the weekends. The rides might not necessarily be crowded but the World Showcase will 100% be insanely busy. Add in Food and Wine into the mix and it'll be a madhouse.
"Weekends" here meaning primarily Friday and Saturday evenings. Friday morning should be okay, as would Sunday evening IMO.

I would also avoid Magic Kingdom on Sunday and Monday. Those are the most common "first park day" for people, so they can be busier.

I would guess that locals with AP's tend to go to Disney on weekends when there is good weather. However, Disney always seems crowded and even on a weekday during our prior visit a couple of years ago, AK was wall-to-wall people in some areas making walking around a challenge. One good thing with a park hopper pass is if you find one park too busy/crowded, you can try another park (I think the current rule is after 2pm).

My wife and I never really found that weekends were any more crowed then weekdays during the summer months. I'm sure they are but just walking around you would never know it.

I avoid Epcot WS on the weekends during food and wine. Did it once and I lasted an hour and park hopped. Wall to wall people in WS by 1 pm. Never again.

I would do any other park on the weekend rather than doing DS. I hear that place is a zoo on the weekend.

I've had some good Sundays at DHS. I think my wait times were better then than on some weekdays. I haven't really felt that way at the other parks. Also I have no numbers or statistics to back this up.

I avoid Epcot WS on the weekends during food and wine.
Completely agree. We arrived at BWV on a Saturday and thought we'd go to EPCOT for F&W for a little while before dinner. What a crazy madhouse. We didn't last an hour and left. Lesson learned.
Also agree avoid Friday night to Sunday afternoon.
If MK has MNSSHP or MVMCP, those can be good days to go as the park closes early and tends to have a smaller crowd during the day (even on Sunday).

We always avoid weekends. The few times we tries it we lasted for 10 minutes. It was so crowdesd you had to go with the flow. Once when DH got in line for Space Mt. he gave up after barely moving in a hour and a half. This was in early December. With no fast passes it would we awful.

We try to avoid weekends. During our trips, we try to find alternative activities on those days - pool day, visit Ft. W, do a waterpark, etc.

Maybe? I guess it is what you are used . I am a local who only goes on weekends and I would say that September is the best month to go

I am a local who goes on weekends. I wish I could avoid it. Especially when it's festival time at Epcot. I feel like when I get to go the rare times on weekdays (that's aren't a holiday) it's better but maybe that's just me

We visited in late April in 2019 for a long weekend. We decided on Epcot as the only park we would visit on that trip. It was during the Flower Festival and a Dapper Day event, so it was pretty busy. We had a great time but it was challenging to move around. I really don’t know how the folks in wheelchairs and scooters were able to navigate, but it was a party atmosphere for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter