Avoiding the $10 cancellation charge

LOL!
This is exactly what I'm worried about.. Being too full or too tired.

THis was the only time it happened. I generally do not book more than we will use, but this day was so darn hot and we stayed at the restaurnat longer then we normally would. Frankly, I never booked lunch and dinner again after that until this last December on a non party night in MK, and I am never going to do that again. We kept them all but moving forward I am not booking two meals back to back.

If you are concerned I would revisit what you have booked because I am not at all sure that it will be possible to make that change last minute any longer.

Anywhere that is not a buffet/ show/ aycte/ prix fixe meal you can order 2 entrees to split among 4 people.

All of the ADR's I've booked state "reservation must be cancelled at least one day prior" and they all say that in two places. I've never seen one that says 20 minutes, and none of them say anything about modification, only cancellation.

That's not to say there wasn't an error or glitch somewhere, so if you do have one that says that I'd find the confirmation e-mail for it if you plan to try changing it same-day to avoid the fee. Like anything else at Disney it's a YMMV situation, subject to CM discretion, and there's no guarantee.

To the first point in this post - so if there are 5 of us at CRT can we just order 3 or 4 meals? Thanks.

To the first point in this post - so if there are 5 of us at CRT can we just order 3 or 4 meals? Thanks.

Every person 3 and over is charged, so you can order 3-4 meals but you're still paying for 5 people, and they charge you ahead of time when you make the ADR.

Below would be an ADR for breakfast for me and DH, and it would like to know at the time I make the ADR how I would like to pay the $75.39 for the two of us.
Capture.JPG
When you make the reservation you make payment at that time for the amount of people on the reservation.

Last edited:
Every person 3 and over is charged, so you can order 3-4 meals but you're still paying for 5 people, and they charge you ahead of time when you make the ADR.

Below would be an ADR for breakfast for me and DH, and it would like to know at the time I make the ADR how I would like to pay the $75.39 for the two of us.
View attachment 386378
When you make the reservation you make payment at that time for the amount of people on the reservation.

Sorry I was very clear. I will be on the Disney Dining plan. Does that change anything?

Sorry I was very clear. I will be on the Disney Dining plan. Does that change anything?

Just the form of payment- you'll be charged 2 TS credits for everyone on the reservation in that case. It's a prix-fixe meal and anyone going gets charged.

Just for the record, I modified 3 reservations out a few days and then cancelled. I was charged the $10 per person fee for every one of them. So just note that your experience may vary. :flower3:

On my ADR day I accidentally made a reservation for that same day, only a few hours from then. I was in VA and of course would not make it lol. As soon as I realized my mistake (within minutes) I tried to cancel and I could not, however it let me modify to a different day, which I could then cancel if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter