• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AZ vaccine and entry to US

cheryl.UK

DIS Veteran
I've just spent an hour trying to find a definitive answer on whether the US will allow us in if we've had the AZ jab but I'm going around in circles. Can anyone direct me to the latest info on whether we can gain entry having had this vaccine?

My understanding is that they have confirmed they will accept those approved by the FDA and those approved by the WHO of which the AZ jab is. The full details aren't out yet we are waiting to hear what the position will be on 12-17 year olds with 1 jab, fully vaccinated by UK rules but not hopeful based on some other countries rules.

"Earlier this week, to help them prepare their systems, we informed airlines that the vaccines that are FDA authorized/approved or listed for emergency use by WHO will meet the criteria for travel to the U.S.," CDC spokesperson Caitlin Shockey told USA TODAY.

Here’s a link to the updated guidance from the CDC-scroll down to the Annex section. Canadians are cheering as of yesterday, because millions of us are vaccinated with AZ and other vaccines. My husband and I are both AZ-Pfizer, so we were waiting for this news in order to be able to enter the USA. (Well, i was anyway, he doesn’t care if we go to Disney or not 🙄).
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html#annex

Thank you both. My husband is unwilling for us to book for next year until we can be more confident that we will be allowed in

Thank you both. My husband is unwilling for us to book for next year until we can be more confident that we will be allowed in
My concern with next year, or at least the first half, is that at some point there is likely to be a requirement for boosters. I'll not be surprised for that to become another [insert suitable unprintable word for administrative incompetence] :confused3

My concern with next year, or at least the first half, is that at some point there is likely to be a requirement for boosters. I'll not be surprised for that to become another [insert suitable unprintable word for administrative incompetence] :confused3

I had this on my mind too - but whatever the U.S. end up requiring for entry, it will mirror what they're doing in the U.S. For example, it would be an enormous, dare I say logistically near-impossible feat for the U.S. to vaccinate the entire (willing) population on a rolling basis at say 6-month intervals. I would suggest even 12 months would be difficult to sustain. So, I would say if you're within a year to 18 months of your last jab, you'll almost certainly be fine. I think there is a strong hope that from the middle of next year, COVID-19 becomes a seasonal coronavirus like many others, and we will only be vaccinating the vulnerable populations come wintertime next year. So, I would not expect any specific time limit on acceptability of vaccinations through 2022 while Governments can assess whether there is going to be a need to keep going.

All just a guess though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter