[B][/B]Gas situation in FL.. Is it bad?

ashleylovesthebeach

Mouseketeer
I will be going on the Magic next week and we will be driving down from SC. Here gas has jumped from 3.40 to 4.50 since last Thursday. Also, many stations here are out or either you are limited to 10 gallons. Can anyone tell me about how much gas is in FL and if you are having a problem finding it? I am hoping by next week things will be calmer!

I paid $3.59 yesterday - we border Orlando to the northeast. Of course, no telling what the price is today!:confused3

We got gas Saturday at Sam's club in Orlando for 3.68 had gone up 20 cents from previous Saturday....

I'm not sure how things are going to change. Yesterday I heard on the news that gas prices are expected to spike for the next 10 to 14 days and then would go back down. But today I heard that the effects of Ike were not that bad and that on the market the price per barrel of oil is still dropping.

Unfortunately, it is was it is. I know your concern, but what choices do you have? Are you going to cancel your cruise because gas goes to $5.00 a gallon?

The gas station I drive by on the way to work (Apopka) from Altamonte Springs (both in NW Orlando), it was 3.89 - surprised me a bit as it was 3.59 on Friday afternoon.

The gas stations near our apartment were around 3.70 last night

Edit: and my coworkers JUST walked by, talking about that 3.89 price - apparently they're the only station in the area to have had such a huge price jump, other stations are still around 3,69.

I think by the time you travel, the ripple effect will have finished and you'll be able to get gasoline for a reasonable price in a reasonable amount (not limited). The Florida Agriculture and Consumer Affairs Commissioner issued a statement on Friday that we are NOT out of gas, nor will the state be out of gas -- the problem is that because it was all bought out at the stations, the deliveries just haven't caught up with the demand. It's been crazy.

ashleylovesthebeach I'm in the Pickens county area (SC) and the gas has gone crazy. Most places are out and in some areas it went over 5.00 a gallon :scared1:

We are on the Magic in January, hope you have a great cruise :banana:

Thanks everyone! NO WAY am I cancelling my vacation!:rotfl: But we were deciding on if we should keep our plans to drive or if we should look around for good air fare. We had found some airfare for right at 200.00 round trip but before we could decide it has jumped up to about 450.00!
I don't mind paying more for gas (what choice do we have :confused3 ) I just wanted to make sure they weren't running out in FL like they are here!

ashleylovesthebeach I'm in the Pickens county area (SC) and the gas has gone crazy. Most places are out and in some areas it went over 5.00 a gallon :scared1:

We are on the Magic in January, hope you have a great cruise :banana:

It is the same here in Columbia. Every other gas station has run out and the ones who have it are limiting it to 10 gallons and charging way to much!
I think they need a little :wizard: Disney Magic! :laughing:

I don't know if it applies in this situation, but Florida has a "no gouging" law to ensure that, following hurricanes, contractors and suppliers do not price gouge consumers. If they do, there is a hotline that people can phone.

You can check gas prices on http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Yeah. We have that here in SC also and our SOS keeps making statements but the prices just keep rising!:confused3
We actually just got some great rates for flying which would actually cost us about the same as gas so I think my friend is booking them now!

I just can't wait to get to Florida! :cool1:

Living in Houston, if everyone would continue to buy gas in the same manner as they always have there would not be a problem with gas shortages. It is people topping off after using 3 gallons when in the past they waited until the gas light came one that cause the shortages. Down here everyone needs gas as over 2 million people still have no power and the majority are using gas powered generators. Just my 2 cents worth.

Well we booked our flights yesterday. Actually we got them very cheap and it is costing us less to fly than to drive. We are using Disney transportation from our resort to the cruise and it is still less! :thumbsup2
Very glad we found those flights!

My sister is in Lexington and they spiked her up too!

Sunday there was a gas station that shot up to $4.39 but the state filed an "anti-price gouging" restraint against them. Friday I paid $3.63 and yesterday I paid $3.89..bad but not as bad as SC

Well we booked our flights yesterday. Actually we got them very cheap and it is costing us less to fly than to drive. We are using Disney transportation from our resort to the cruise and it is still less! :thumbsup2
Very glad we found those flights!

We fly down from GSP and in January we fly into Sanford. The price was 1/2 of what delta wanted.

Yeah. We are flying US Airways and although their customer service doesn't have that "Disney Magic" they did have very good prices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter