• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[B]Can you hear the drums?[/B]

CTCouple

Mouseketeer
Just curious- the last time my we stayed at the Poly (a few years ago) we were given a room in Fiji which faced the Luau. I declined because I was not in the mood to hear the music every night. The CM switched us across the hall and we faced the marina.
Looking back, maybe it would have been enjoyable and romantic. Marina view was OK, but I coulnd't see paying for it.
So the question is, can you hear the sounds of the luau from those rooms?
Hopefully there is an expert *cough* Tikiman *cough*
who can answer this.

I am also curious to know this as I have not yet decided which longhouse to request for our next trip, but I have considered this house due to the many people who say they love it.

We were there last year, 3rd floor(Luau side), Fiji. With the patio doors closed, you can barely hear them. With the patio doors open, it was a very nice background noise.
Not obnoxious at all. :thumbsup2

We were there at Easter, on the lagoon side. With doors closed, it was barely audible. And it was so nice to be steps from the beach, with a water view, all at a standard view price!

We have stayed in Fiji 3x Cove side and yes you can hear the drums when your door is open, but closed I did not hear anything. They do give a nice background noise when walking outside :goodvibes

I MISS THE POLY!! :sad2: and we just got back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter