B.O.G creme brulee

Next_disney_princess

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!! We are currently at all star movies enjoying part one of our disney vacation! On monday we check out of here and get on the disney dream for our first ever cruise!!

Yesterday we had lunch at BOG which is my favorite place mostly due to the theme but I do enjoy the food though. They have changed the menu and I wasnt as thrilled with the food (much preferred the braised pork over the new braised chicken) but this time we decided to try the creme brulee for dessert! I've never had creme brulee so I had no idea what to expect taste wise... however I do see people make it on food network lol.. there was no crispy sugar crust, but there was a pure sugar cube shaped mickey on top.... but the whole dish had a very tropical perfume taste to it. Hubby hit the nail on the head that it taste like suntan lotion smells. So here's my question-- is that what normal creme brulee is supposed to taste like or is this Disney's version? I would like to try it again on my cruise but not if its the same. Dont get me wrong it wasnt horrible, I just was NOT expecting tropical. I was expecting more of a sweet cream flavor. Maybe I'm just super ill informed.

I've had creme brulee numerous times (not at BOG) and it's never been tropical. It's always been the creamy flavor with a melted sugar crust. Sounds like Disney came up with their own version. I'd say try it again if you come across it. I avoided it for years, as I don't like custards, but I'll take creme brulee any day!

No, it should just taste like custard. The menu says it's plant based, maybe that's why. No real cream.

It says it is vanilla bean with berries. Maybe they made a different flavor that day?

The taste will depend on the flavor used. I have had many different kinds of creme brulee-vanill, maple, pistachio, berry, etc.,

Thank you for the replies! I see that there is a a pina colada flavored creme brulee that is featured at Disney Springs I could see what I had yesterday possibly being that so maybe it's a shared recipe I will definitely try creme brulee again in a different location as mine did not have the crunchy shell on top either so while it wasn't a bad dessert I'm not sure if it's technically classified as a creme brulee

The creme brulee on the Disney Dream is the typical creme brulee, creamy vanilla custard flavor with the browned sugar crust on top. That's my favorite dessert and our server would bring it for me even if it wasn't on the menu and the last night, I said I didn't want dessert because I was too full from dinner and before we left the table he brought over a plate with a cover on it and said not to open it until we got to the room and to save it for later and it was two creme brulees. You'll want to try it on the cruise for sure.

You can also try the Creme Brulee at the France booth at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival- its $4.75, and its much closer to a traditional creme brulee. Hope you're enjoying your trip, and you are going to LOVE your cruise!!!!

A creme brulee doesn't have a sugar cube, Mickey or other shape atop it. Brulee is another word for carmelization so without that cooking step it's a custard with a sugar cube on top for decoration. Perhaps the tropical flavour was an abundance of vanilla. Never eaten at BOG or scrutinized the menu recently so can't say with assurance.

I just went to the food and wine kiosk at the France pavilion... The creme brulee is 100% different from the supposed creme brulee I ate yesterday this creme brulee had a hard sugar shell on top that I had to crack through then it had a sweet cream custard and underneath that was a chocolate cream it was very good.....
Absolutely no hint of tropical flavor at all.

If it's plant based I bet the tropical taste was coconut milk. I've seen vegan custards made of coconut milk before. That may also explain your suntan lotion association.

Real Creme brulee will taste like thick rich vanilla cream.

I had the creme brûlée at BOG in June and it was the classic version: vanilla bean custard with a caramelized sugar crust. No coconut or tropical flavors. Not sure what you got!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter