[B]Rental Car Tips?[/B]

ljt064

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I'm flying in on 11/25 for the 11/26 Cruise, and would like to rent a car for trip from Airport to Radison. Any tips or good deals on renting a car for the trip. We would also need it for the return trip back to the Airport. :moped:

We are in need of a full size or mini-van. :grouphug:

Thanks!!

A great resource is www.mousesavers.com They has many "codes" for different rental car agencies that can really bring down the cost of the rental.

Budget and Avis are the two most popular (and most convenient locations) at the port area.

I do research at mousesavers and then apply each code to my online rental quote to see which nets the best discount.

Another good resource is www.dcltribute.com Dave has some great info on rental agencies near the port as well. Don't forget you can get discounts with the Entertainment book, Sam's Club, AAA, Costco, etc.

We are a family of five (2 A, DD21, DS20 and DD16) so we need a big car to carry us and luggage. We found that the standard size SUV like a trailblazer works better for us than the minivans for luggage space). If you have less people than you can easily get away with a mid-size car.

Good luck

After going to the dcltribute site I decided to go with Budget(best price :goodvibes ). I picked up a van at MCO, no problems. I returned it at 10:30 the following day to the Port Canaverel office and got on their van to the port with minimal wait. Everything went very smooth. I also used them on the return and it went just as smoothly. Have fun.

I recommend Budget too. We've used them a couple times, and they have been the cheapest one-way. Just know that if you pick up a vehicle from Port Canaveral to MCO, they do not has a gas tank at that office so you may get the vehicle with less than a full tank. Be sure that they document that so you won't be charged an obscene amount of money if you return it at the same level.
Barb

Hey ljt064, We will be on that same cruise on 11/26, and we will be staying at the Radisson the night before as well! See you there!!

p.s. We also booked our one way rental from MCO the day before to the Port on the 26th through Budget (minivan), but the one-way back to MCO on 12/3 was way too expensive, so we are looking at National. The only problem with them, is that they do not offer a free shuttle and we would have to take a taxi for about $11...but is alot cheaper.

I am picking up a car at Alamo at the airport, keeping it for hte whole 8 days and leaving it at port and driving it back...the rate for the whole 8 days is 93.35. I can leave it at the hotel and take the shuttle and save on parking but I would rather have the car at the port waiting forme.

We are doing the same thing, but are renting a car on 11/5 to drive to Radisson and leave the next day on the cruise! I reserved a full size from Budget for $22 with AAA!

That's an awesome rate....can you send me any tips on getting that rate? I was able to get a min-van through National for $60 a day going to the port, and $45 going back. But I'd rather leave the car at the hotel for less that $100.

What type of car did you get for that rate?

I was able to get a full size car from Alamo for 8-days in late June at a rate of $137. I used the discount code and coupon available at mousesavers.

ljt064 said:
That's an awesome rate....can you send me any tips on getting that rate? I was able to get a min-van through National for $60 a day going to the port, and $45 going back. But I'd rather leave the car at the hotel for less that $100.

What type of car did you get for that rate?

Its a midsize. like a olds alero.I used a coupon from the entertainment book for one free day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter