B Resort to become a Renaissance?

4orm

DIS Veteran
Nothing has come up in search, but I noticed on the Marriott website there is a 'new' Renaissance that's stated to be opening next March at Disney Springs called the Renaissance Orlando Resort and Spa. I noted the address is the same address as the current B Resort. I checked out the B Resort website and saw that they're currently undergoing renovations, but stated nothing about the change of ownership. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, I'm happy to see this change as long as they're able to renovate away the moldy smells and up the level of service that seems to be lacking at the current B Resort. Any more information out there?

Nothing has come up in search, but I noticed on the Marriott website there is a 'new' Renaissance that's stated to be opening next March at Disney Springs called the Renaissance Orlando Resort and Spa. I noted the address is the same address as the current B Resort. I checked out the B Resort website and saw that they're currently undergoing renovations, but stated nothing about the change of ownership. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, I'm happy to see this change as long as they're able to renovate away the moldy smells and up the level of service that seems to be lacking at the current B Resort. Any more information out there?
I just went and looked, the gallery does indeed look like the B Resort. WOW. I've heard nothing regarding any kind of renovations or changes happening there.

B Resort looks exactly the same in offerings and photos as it has been but has this disclaimer at the top ...

We are renovating our resort! Pardon our Dust. We are currently renovating our resort, and active areas of renovation will not be accessible to guests. During this time, certain services and operating hours may be altered. Our team will update all arriving guests of those changes.

So is the Marriott page what is to come or is the B Resort page false offering? I found the new GM this year came from a big Doubletree Hotel (Hilton) but has worked for Marriott. Strange to have two different brands advertising and booking the same building. I don't think I'd be staying there until I knew there was a head to toe renovation and it was of Marriott value.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Seems like the B Resort just opened a few years ago - guess they need something different to bring people in.....

That's interesting. Seems like the B Resort just opened a few years ago - guess they need something different to bring people in.....
B Resort bought it in 2012 then renovated to open.

Marriott is really pushing hard to get as many as possible in and close to Disney. I'm still surprised that B Resort was a choice in that push. And stranger that they are both selling the rooms from two different websites with different photo galleries and offerings.

I stayed there when it was still Royal Plaza and quite a few times after it was B Resort.

B Resort bought it in 2012 then renovated to open.

Marriott is really pushing hard to get as many as possible in and close to Disney. I'm still surprised that B Resort was a choice in that push. And stranger that they are both selling the rooms from two different websites with different photo galleries and offerings.
Seriously? I can't even blame me being off that many years just on the pandemic!

The Marriott site also has the restaurants listed under the same names, which is odd.
I assume when the takeover happens the B Resort website and booking will disappear, with current bookings transferred to Marriott. It's strange there isn't any updates or news about it anywhere yet Marriott has their artist renditions of what their new reno will look like, and March isn't that far off. Interested to see how this all goes!

Marriott site seems to imply that the changeover will occur in March 2024. Currently, it is unable to be booked via Marriott but you are able to still book current and future dates through B Resort Site.

Curious to see what they will do with it. Aesthetics alone, it looks nothing like a Ren property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter