[B]Shades of Green[/B]

rugman1969

Mouseketeer
Informational only for Military folk

My understanding is anyone currently or honorably discharged from the military have the honor of staying here at discounted rates when going to Disney. Discounted park tickets for all military people also. I never knew this, and I am sure many others don't either. This is just some info. Please do your research if you are interested. I believe this was the old Golf Resort.

I've stayed at SOG many times and it's a great resort. I believe the resort is for those who are serving and those who are retired only.

Informational only for Military folk

My understanding is anyone currently or honorably discharged from the military have the honor of staying here at discounted rates when going to Disney. Discounted park tickets for all military people also. I never knew this, and I am sure many others don't either. This is just some info. Please do your research if you are interested. I believe this was the old Golf Resort.

::yes::

Category Eligibility
Armed Forces and their Families Members on active duty, Reserve, and National Guard, Cadets and Midshipmen of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marine Academies.

ID is Common Access Card
Other Uniformed Services Public Health Service, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps.

ID is DD Form 2, PHS 1866-1 or 1866-3
Armed Forces Retirees and their Family Members
Retired from active duty, Reserves, and National Guard with or without pay (gray area)

ID is DD Form 2, 1173 or 1173-1
Others Separated from the Armed Forces and their Family Members Honorably discharged veterans with 100 percent Service-connected disability. ID is DD Form 1173 or DD Form 2765

Involuntarily separated service members under the Transition Assistance Management Program ID is DD Form 2

Personnel separated under the Voluntary Separation Incentive (VSI) and Special Separation Benefit (SSB) programs for two years after separation ID is DD Form 2
Former and/or Surviving Spouses and Family Members Unremarried surviving spouses of personnel who died while on active duty or while in retired status ID is DD Form 1173 or 1173-1

Un-remarried former spouses who were married to military members for at least 20 years while the military member was on active duty ID is DD Form 1173
Other Supporters of the Department of Defense

Military personnel of foreign nations and their family members when assigned or attached to a U.S. military unit or installation or on U.S. Travel Orders.

U.S. employees of firms under contract to Department of Defense working in the Pacific Region outside the U.S. on Department of Defense Government orders.

Other personnel on official business with Department of Defense as may be specifically authorized by the General Manager or his designee.

ID is DD Form 1173 or 2765
U.S. Department of Defense Civilians and Family Members Current and retired (APF and NAF) Department of Defense (DoD) and Coast Guard (CG) civilian employees. DOD or CG ID card, Retired ID card, or current Leave and Earnings Statement with photo ID required for check-in.

Rooms and Reservations: Maximum number of rooms per sponsor is three (this includes suites). Maximum number of guests in standard, poolside, or ADA rooms is five; junior suites sleep a maximum of six guests; suites sleep eight guests total. Military sponsors should not reserve additional rooms under their name for other eligible military/DoD sponsors. Sponsored guests must be accompanied by the military/DoD sponsor at check-in and throughout the entire stay. A room reserved with multiple sponsors should be reserved based on the highest-ranking person. Reservations are not transferable.

Room Rates: Room Rates are based on military rank or civilian grade at the time of check-in. If you are a retired military member, your rate will be based on the rank achieved at the time of your retirement. Retired civilian members of the military community will pay the Category #3 rate. For others associated with the military (i.e. 100% disabled Veterans, Medal of Honor Recipients, etc.), please click here for Room Rate details. Room Rates are based on two adults occupying a standard room and four adults occupying the suites; for single occupancy, subtract $2 from the listed rate. Add $15 per additional adult 18 years or older. E1 through E5 and Cadet sponsor and dependents will receive the rate that applies to category one; any additional sponsored rooms will receive the rate that applies to category two. Rates are available year-round with the exception of Hollyday packages at Christmas and New Years. Room Rates are subject to change without notice.

Deposits: To secure your reservation, Shades of Green requires a deposit equivalent to 1-night of your stay. The credit card given in your reservation will be charged this deposit. If you cancel your reservation outside the Shades of Green cancellation policy, your deposit will be returned.

Cancellation and Modification of Reservations: Shades of Green has a 30-day change or cancellation policy. If you chose to change or cancel your reservations, you must contact Shades of Green at least 30 days prior to your arrival to avoid a forfeiture of your deposit. Click here to cancel an existing reservation. Only reservations made through on-line booking can be modified using online booking; if you have made your reservations via phone, please contact Shades of Green at (888) 593-2242 or fax (407) 824-3665.

Amenities: All rooms include refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and in-room safe. Due to fire codes, any additional cooking appliances (such as microwaves) are not allowed in guestrooms.

Pets: Pets are not permitted.

Smoking: Shades of Green is a smoke-free resort.

Important: If you are an Honorable Discharged Veteran that does not hold a valid military ID card with a DD214 please proceed to www.shadesofgreenvets.org

I have read and understand all of the booking rules, and would like to MAKE A RESERVATION

besides all that was posted before me......if you stay at Shades you can not get the dining plan through Disney nor do we qualify for the Magical Express ( the transportation from the airport) however Shades does have on their website a transportation co they refer and they are cheaper than another popular company!

We have been staying at Shades since it opened in 94 and Im still shocked to find out people still dont know about this awesome place!!!

keep checking thier page because they offer specials throughout the yr....

We stayed there before it was converted. It was then called the Disney Inn and it was a different but very good change from the other resorts of the time. It is off the beaten path and the rooms were large. We have Service friends who have stayed there as SOG and love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter