• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

B2B and Parking at terminal

mtanberg

Mouseketeer
How does it work with paying for parking at the port. We are on a 3 night then a 4 night. Do you pay for both trips when you arrive or just one and the other one when you leave?

We have the same question. We are sailing next week. Guess we will just ask when we pay to park for the first cruise.

It has changed and they now charge by the day at least in pre-Covid days.

You pull a ticket when you get there so they know your arrival date and pay on your way out.

You pull a ticket when you get there so they know your arrival date and pay on your way out.
Good to know about the change. It used to be that you paid on the way in. They didn't monitor how long your car was parked there, so you could park for back to back no issues. But if you pay upon exit, they will most certainly see that your ticket is a bit longer than most other people.

Are you sure about this? For people on the Dream now, they have reported that their paid upon entry to the garage.

Are you sure about this? For people on the Dream now, they have reported that their paid upon entry to the garage.

I watched a vlog from one of the test cruises last week and they also paid when they parked their car.

As I said, that was pre-Covid and someone mentioned they are using part of the parking for testing so it may be different.

As I said, that was pre-Covid and someone mentioned they are using part of the parking for testing so it may be different.

not when we parked January 2020. You pay when you enter.

we have done b2b several times and you always pay for the first cruise and as long as you dont move your car you dont pay for the second leg. Our very first b2b cruise, we actually asked the attendant he said you pay whatever the machine requires when you enter. My first b2b was a 3 night/7 night on the Magic. We only paid for the 3 night. We’ve done b2b cruises at least 3 more times after the first one. Always the same.

not when we parked January 2020. You pay when you enter.

we have done b2b several times and you always pay for the first cruise and as long as you dont move your car you dont pay for the second leg. Our very first b2b cruise, we actually asked the attendant he said you pay whatever the machine requires when you enter. My first b2b was a 3 night/7 night on the Magic. We only paid for the 3 night. We’ve done b2b cruises at least 3 more times after the first one. Always the same.

That's odd. I clearly remember announcements that they were changing this/it had changed. Maybe it got put off due to Covid. Maybe Mandela effect. I'm sure it will be changing because they know they are losing money.

It says on their website they charge including day of arrival and day of departure. Not sure how they get that information if it's not ticket based.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

It says on their website they charge including day of arrival and day of departure. Not sure how they get that information if it's not ticket based.

Up until this point, it has only been possible for one cruise to depart form PC on a given day. So, you were charged for the length of the cruise that was departing that day. With the new terminal, I guess that could change. There really aren't all that many people that do BTB cruises, so although there is some loss of parking revenue, I am not sure it is much. Plus, it allows them to clear the garage quickly as no one has to line up to pay at departure.

They get that info from the cruise schedule. Only 1 cruise can depart each day, so everyone entering the parking garage that day is charged the same based on calendar days of parking (not based on hours or time of entry/exit). If it's a 3-night Dream cruise, every customer entering the garage that day is charged for 4 days of parking . If it's a 7-night Fantasy cruise, every customer entering that day is charged 8 days of parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter