AlysiaBabcock

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We have a trip planned for this April staying in a 2BR villa at Boulder Ridge. We have never stayed in this resort. My husband and I are traveling with our 2 kids (2.5 yrs old and 7.5 month old at time of trip) both light sleepers and since we are staying for 9 days sleep is going to be very much needed. Not sure if the master bedroom or the 2nd bedroom would be better for our family. We are curious about the closet sizes because we are thinking one of our boys would go in there for a quieter space and one in the room with us. Both still sleep in packnplays. And also how much floor space would accommodate 1 of the kids as well! Thank you in advance

The closets at BRV won't be large enough for pack n plays.
Second bedroom will fit 2 better than the master.

Have you checked on YouTube?
There are several videos of the 2 br villa so you can view the space and maybe find an area you weren’t thinking of originally.

The closets at BRV won't be large enough for pack n plays.
Second bedroom will fit 2 better than the master.
Oh this is surprising to me because the master closet looked sort of like a good size to fit one in there. And also surprised cuz I thought the 2 queens would take more space than the 1 king bed! Thank you for the insight

Have you checked on YouTube?
There are several videos of the 2 br villa so you can view the space and maybe find an area you weren’t thinking of originally.
I feel like I’ve seen almost every video out there lol! Hard to get a great idea of how big the closet sizes are….most people show them pretty quickly.

I don't understand why would need to use a closet. It sounds like you only have 4 people for a 2 bedroom. I think I would just put one in each bedroom.

I don't understand why would need to use a closet. It sounds like you only have 4 people for a 2 bedroom. I think I would just put one in each bedroom.
I’m sorry, I didn’t clarify we are staying in the 2 BR villa with my sister and brother in law and their 1 baby

Does your sister own DVC or are you renting? If she owns, master is fair game for her. 😊

I have had two young ones in the master before and I would agree the second bedroom is better. If your 2.5 year old can sleep in a bed without rolling out, I would go with the bed for them.

I’m sorry, I didn’t clarify we are staying in the 2 BR villa with my sister and brother in law and their 1 baby

Got it. Looking at the floor plans, the master seems to have less floor space. Do you know if it is a lock off or a dedicated 2 BR?

Does your sister own DVC or are you renting? If she owns, master is fair game for her. 😊

I have had two young ones in the master before and I would agree the second bedroom is better. If your 2.5 year old can sleep in a bed without rolling out, I would go with the bed for them.
No! We are renting 😊 my in laws are treating us and they are staying in a separate 1 bedroom.

I have never tried him sleeping in a bed. He’s a wild one soooo we haven’t tested him sleeping in a normal bed yet. We like our sleep to much 😂

Got it. Looking at the floor plans, the master seems to have less floor space. Do you know if it is a lock off or a dedicated 2 BR?
Dedicated 2 bedroom. I’m just trying to figure out if one of the closets are bigger than the other just to see if we can scoot a pack in play in there just to keep the boys separated as much as possible.

Can you put some of the kids in the living room? Just have the crib/pack and play in there?

Does take that room offline once they go to bed.... Not sure how that would interact with you/your family's schedules.

We had a one bedroom at OKW when my kids were 4 years old & 18 months. There was one bed so we moved the mattress from the sleeper sofa onto the bedroom floor for the 4 year old. We put a pack-n-play in the laundry room for the 18 month old. That worked great for us because we could shut the door and not disturb the 18 month old. We had a baby monitor so we could hear her if she needed us at night. We could still use the living room/kitchen area when the kids were sleeping. We just couldn't do laundry then. Maybe that's an option for you.

My parents are staying in a 1-BR at Boulder Ridge right now... here's what my mom said.View attachment 827494
My parents are staying in a 1-BR at Boulder Ridge right now... here's what my mom said.View attachment 827494
We just stayed in a 2 bedroom at Boulder Ridge, our youngest still sleeps in a pack n play. We put her in the master bath with the tub like described above. We could close the door to the master bedroom and the other part of the bathroom, leaving her in an undisturbed spot. We could still access the master bath toilet this way by going through the living room.

Saying that, I feel like the second bedroom with two queens would be what I would pick with multiple pack n plays. The bathroom area in that room is much more spacious and less awkwardly shaped than the master.

I don't understand why anyone would let a child sleep in a hotel's bathroom or closet. The air quality can't be good in those areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter