Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

....well, there IS a little bit of good news....my brother's infection in his other leg has started to clear up. He was scheduled for an operation next week, and they have already postponed it, pending full recovery.....as for my DS, please, please, PLEASE keep him in your well wishes and prayers....

I hope your brother's infection continues to improve.

Sending good thoughts to your family.

:wave:

The pre-Christmas madness has officially started here. We're now trying to cram in as many catch-ups and end of year events in the weekend as possible. I think we only have two catch-ups today. There's three on the cards tomorrow! Why is it that everyone thinks that they should make the effort to catch up with friends just before Christmas? :faint:

(Why is it that I think I need to catch up with friends just before Christmas???)

:wave:

The pre-Christmas madness has officially started here. We're now trying to cram in as many catch-ups and end of year events in the weekend as possible. I think we only have two catch-ups today. There's three on the cards tomorrow! Why is it that everyone thinks that they should make the effort to catch up with friends just before Christmas? :faint:

(Why is it that I think I need to catch up with friends just before Christmas???)

Not me. Not anymore. The last few years have given us a new perspective on life, and it's too short for stuff like that. If I'm not in touch with you all year long, then likely I don't want to be in touch with you!! :rolleyes: I've even stopped doing cards. It dawned on me one year not too long ago, I am sending cards to people who I don't see all year, and trying to cram a year's worth of info into a little paragraph (and in turn, receiving the same sort of thing). If you want to know what's up in my life, be involved in my life! (also, I'm talking about people who live fairly close, not those separated by far distances! Obviously if we can't get together due to geography, that's a different story).

Sorry, not trying to bring anyone down!! I'm just approaching the holidays in a whole different frame of mind this year......SO. MUCH. going on in our family..... :sad1:

Sorry, not trying to bring anyone down!! I'm just approaching the holidays in a whole different frame of mind this year......SO. MUCH. going on in our family..... :sad1:

....no need to apologize....I hear you, loud and clear....I'm in the same boat....:guilty:

Not me. Not anymore. The last few years have given us a new perspective on life, and it's too short for stuff like that. If I'm not in touch with you all year long, then likely I don't want to be in touch with you!! :rolleyes: I've even stopped doing cards. It dawned on me one year not too long ago, I am sending cards to people who I don't see all year, and trying to cram a year's worth of info into a little paragraph (and in turn, receiving the same sort of thing). If you want to know what's up in my life, be involved in my life! (also, I'm talking about people who live fairly close, not those separated by far distances! Obviously if we can't get together due to geography, that's a different story).

I just have to learn to say no to the invites when they call. :rolleyes1

You said it so well, and I totally agree with your philosophy. The holidays are very different this year for me, too. I understand. :goodvibes

Happy day-before-Thanksgiving!! (PiO, Happy........day-before-Thursday?! :rotfl: )

Just waiting on the big storm up here. popcorn:: With any luck I'll be snowed in tomorrow and not able to get to the ILs.... :rolleyes: But I'm not holding my breath. It's supposed to stop early tomorrow morning, plus I've got 4WD with brand new tires. No excuses I guess.

I have to go in to work for a half day today. If it wasn't going to snow, it'd be for a whole day. Ugh. But I plan to spend the afternoon baking and doing some crafty thing or another. Just found out this morning that the ski area plans to open this weekend instead of next, because of the snow. I haven't heard from my department yet but I was really hoping to have this one last weekend free!! I have SO much to do around the house.....

Happy day-before-Thanksgiving!! (PiO, Happy........day-before-Thursday?! :rotfl: )

Just waiting on the big storm up here. popcorn:: With any luck I'll be snowed in tomorrow and not able to get to the ILs.... :rolleyes: But I'm not holding my breath. It's supposed to stop early tomorrow morning, plus I've got 4WD with brand new tires. No excuses I guess.

I have to go in to work for a half day today. If it wasn't going to snow, it'd be for a whole day. Ugh. But I plan to spend the afternoon baking and doing some crafty thing or another. Just found out this morning that the ski area plans to open this weekend instead of next, because of the snow. I haven't heard from my department yet but I was really hoping to have this one last weekend free!! I have SO much to do around the house.....

Wednesday night here and way past my bedtime (it's nearly 11 pm here).

Stay safe and warm. If it snows, I sure hope it ends up being a snow day for you.
Good luck with snow season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter