Baby Swap

cdsmiler81

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

This trip will be our first where we'll be making use of the baby swap. Has anyone had experience of it? We're a small group of 3 adults (me, DH and our friend), one 6 year old and one 7 month old. How does it work? I know we all queue together. Then what? For example, if I stayed with the baby, DH, friend and 6 year old would go on. Once they're off, I pass over baby, and I go on alone? Or could 6 year old (and our friend?) come on again too so I don't ride alone?

Thanks all!

C x

You wouldn't have to queue with them, they would queue and go on and then ask for a baby swap ticket when they exit. The ticket is valid for 2 people so you could take someone on with you. You generally go in the fastpass line or through the exit. It worked really well for us on our recent trip. :)

You wouldn't have to queue with them, they would queue and go on and then ask for a baby swap ticket when they exit. The ticket is valid for 2 people so you could take someone on with you. You generally go in the fastpass line or through the exit. It worked really well for us on our recent trip. :)

Ah, that's interesting. So in theory I could stay out with the baby, hubby, friend and daughter could queue up and go on asking for a baby switch/swap ticket, I meet them at the exit to pass over baby, have ticket, and in theory take daughter back on with me?

C x

Yes that's exactly what we did last week. Even better when we used it in conjunction with fastpasses as I didn't have to wait around with baby for too long. Also you don't have to use the ticket straight away, it just has to be used that day. so you can go back later in the day if you want.

Oh, additional question for those of you who know these things.... let me give an example...

I'm assuming my son at 7 1/2 months will be too young for Ratatouille....although I'm sure he would be fine sat on my lap in the carrier, but I don't yet know how much he'll be allowed to go on. So lets assume he can't go on it (please feel free to let me know if I'm wrong!). So, we all get fast passes for the ride. How does that then work with the baby swap? Do they all queue up with their fast passes, ask for a baby swap thing, and then I go on via the exit as per a normal non-fast-pass queuing occasion?? If that's the case, do I even need a fast pass?

Thanks

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter