Baby Swap

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
How does the baby swap work at the Universal parks? Do we all stand in line or do we wait outside the ride (like WDW does now)? Can the older children ride two times (once with each parent)?

Thanks, Linda

Child Swap at Universal theme parks is offered at ALL rides that have a height requirement. The waiting areas for child swap are far superior to Disney's as there is always a nice sitting area set aside for those parties who are waiting. Typically this waiting area is next to the rides load/unload platforms.

Yes, one guest is allowed to ride twice (once with each parent).

MOST of the time, the entire party is required to wait in the line altogether - then the one parent and small child are directed to Child Swap when they reach the load platform. There are a few instances where this is not the case (for example Hulk, since small children are not permitted to cross the empty train for safety reasons). Always ask the greeter out in front of the attraction what the policy is for that specific ride.

Thanks for the info! Is it worthwhile to do the baby swap on the rides that have FOTL access (we are staying onsite)?

For the most part I like the way that WDW does their swap. Our little guy is a VERY active toddler and has a hard time waiting in lines. Also, if he is asleep in his stroller we'll have to wake him up to go on the ride. It is nice with older children, though, since they can see any preshow, etc, without going on the ride.

Just a side note: The que for Dueling Dragons was very scary for our 5 year old. It's almost like a haunted house, dimly lit and VERY long! It is an an attraction in itself, GREAT for the older set!

But the child swap waiting area is very small, dark and boring. That was the only child swap area I wouldn't use again.

The MIB one is totally opposite. Very bright.

I don't think that my little guy will be scared by the que for Dueling Dragons, but thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure that he's in our arms just in case. At least in May when we were last at WDW he was young enough not to have any fears. I'm hoping that he eventually develops SOME fears, though, because he's a little maniac now! No common sense whatsoever, unlike my other kids at this age.

Does anyone know if I'll need to use the baby swap since we'll have FOTL access? Are there some rides that have baby swap that don't have FOTL? I'm trying to minimize taking Jake out of the stroller in case he's asleep and when he's awake he's better off playing outside of the attraction than going through a que.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter